1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Did you know Imoen missed 25 rogue skill points ?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by gwenson, Mar 5, 2003.

1. gwenson Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hi everyone,

i just remarked that Imoen has been stolen by 25 thief skill points (1 level..) by the game designers ! I already saw this in an old Baldurdash (or something) note, but i could verify this very practically by myself comparing with Nalia : this is true apparently !

Nalia, thief lv4 ==> 215 thief points total
    Imoen, thief lv7 ==> 265 thief points total

This is NOT normal !
    Indeed, each 'standard' rogues, like the 2 above before the dual process, win 25 thief points /level : we should have Imoen, 3 lv above Nalia ==> 3x25 = +75 points / Nalia ==> 215+75 ==> 290 points !

... and Imoen has only 265 points listed : they forgot 25 points, lol, so they really forgot a FULL level for her (before the dual classing)!!

And This is what the old note i read was talking about.

... so, i just edited the Imoen Stats with +25 with ShadowK. (in traps for me, seems logical :) ) : this is for me completely legal!!
    Before This, we had those stats (AFTER the dex adjustments -in game stats, so) :
    Imoen --> locks 95 / traps 85 (+25 now, so)
    Nalia --> locks 60 / traps 80

... and Imoen with something like +25 in Traps is really interesting for her to maximize a little more her very sufficient trap detections basic abilities (thus putting her really ahead Nalia for this : better basic 'thief' for this, then, np). So we really have the right deal now : Imoen is REALLY a better basic thief than Nalia (only specialized for traps/locks but being able to do them very correctly), and Nalia (by the way VERY sufficient in game too.. with 1 or 2 open lock spells "just in case" and/or a few potions if needed..) has a really nice better strength (can transport A LOT more things than Imoen, plus her ring is really very nice for fire protection AND +2 AC/savings throws..)/better xp than her, and all is correct like it should have been, between those 2 : perfect. :)

I thought all this could interest a few people even now... no ? why not. ;)

nb1:
    BTW, i just discovered too that the "max spell number in book", usually limited by intelligence is just pointless for them too : suffice to drink a + Intelligence potion, and we can memorize ALL the spell we want during the effects of the potions (AND they evidently STAY in the spellbooks thereafter.. for always, mdr)... so, the "initially" seemingly limited Intelligence numbers for Imoen/Nalia ("only" 17 for the 2 ==> initally, only 14 spells/level in their spellbooks.. that can be really annoying without this, sure.. but now completely pointless, lol) is completely irrelevant and useless : with just a potion (Mind Focusing +3 or Genius +4) they can memorize ALL the spell they want for each levels, their initial "only 17 I" is no more a problem at all.. TOO!.. and they are like Intelligence19+ PC magicians for their available number of spells too, gag (that to say : ALL too). Their only limitation comparatively to a crazy guy like Edwin is that they will never have his famous amulet for his fabulous number of spells, exactly like every "standard" ultra-I PC sorc anyway.. All this can apply to Aerie too, and is even more useful for her with the same effects (ALL spells available too, thus), as this one has an even worst "initial" intelligence too (only 16 for Aerie => only "initially" 11 spell/lv!).. :rolleyes: :)

PS:
    Is this a SoA or a ToB post ?! : i am a little confused with the rules SoA/ToB, even if i have ToB installed (so the post here, even if very basic and general). Bah, i post it here anyway, why not too. :cool:

[ March 05, 2003, 03:13: Message edited by: gwenson ]

2. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

If you have ToB installed it should be in the ToB forum.

But this topic seems unversal to both parts of BG2. ;)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] It's very simple. There can be no mention of anything from ToB, or anything that can only be done with ToB installed, in the SoA forum. The SoA forum is exclusively for people who do not have ToB installed, nor expect any ToB related discussions in their posts. So in short, if you have ToB installed, you post everything in the ToB forum.

Moving this to ToB. It doesn't really contain anything ToB specific, but if it's not in the ToB forum there can't be any ToB related discussion mentioned in it either.

4. gwenson Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Oh, ok.
    I have no luck in my postings lately, it seems..
    sorry again (lol).. i was very hesitating with this post, as you could see : all in it is very basic anyway, so i thought it could be SoA related too : very basic AND general informations and it could be even more "useful" for SoA users (and/or BG2 semi beginners now like me!), than already ultra BG2 experienced connoisseurs like in the ToB forum, by definition.. :)

But, ok, if there is only one mention to ToB (or ToB installed, ok), should be in the ToB forum so : ok ! I will try to remember.. i think this is entered, now.

:)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.