1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do I understand what HoF is?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Trypt, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Trypt Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Hello, I am still not clear about HoF.. Is this some kind of mode where you can start the game again, import the characters you just finished the game with and do it again, but everything is harder and more experience is given? If so, that sounds exciting, how do I get to that mode? And furthermore, can I just start in that mode right now even though I am only in the Fell Wood?

Trypt

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Next time, do a search. Go to the configuration program, and the option is there somewhere.

3. Dreamagi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I don't think that you can just convert to HoF mode for an existing game in the "Normal Mode". Anyway, you most probably want to start with a higher level party in HoF because it's very much tougher. I tried playing that once, and already in the prolouge, them goblins were killing my top fighters. The only way I manged to clear that first area was to use Animate Undead from my cleric, 'cause the animated undead are also much more powerful.

And yes, the HoF mode option is in the configuration app that is accessed not through the game, but in the same folder in "Program Files".

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yes, you can change the difficulty at your whim.

Right in the middle of the game.

However, you stand a good chance of getting seriously owned. Rapidly.

HOF bumps up all the random items that creatures drop. I think by the time you clear out Targos, you've got at least one +2 weapon.

If your characters are levels 9 and 10, then you will get crushed in the Fell Woods. And it will be like an Irenicus crushing; you walk into the room, and it's just an instant kill. No saving throws. No casting spells. No pausing.

Just death.

So, seriously, import your people, right now, into a new game. If you're set on playing HOF, then you'll appreciate those level 9 and 10 guys in Targos.

Or, you can just load an Armegeddon and clear out the Fell Woods where you are. It's all relative.

5. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Trypt. Let's make a comparison of the relative difficulty between normal and HoF modes. Normal is Pluto and HoF is Jupiter...

Clear?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.