1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Do you remember...?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] This will probably be more nostalgic for the older members here.
    Voltron. It was so much better than the present day Power Rangers.
    Vector Man (?) There was this Chinese guy who would turn into a 30 foot tall Gold robot thing.
    Z-cavarichie pants! I had a pair and wore them all the time. Nothing like a pair of pants that double as a parachute.
    The Chicago Bears Super Bowl Shuffle- "We are the Bears, Shufflin Crew, shufflin on down, doing it for you..." (I'll save everyone the rest.)

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] nope, but i remember when "turtle power" and "the bartman" were released into the charts. :D

3. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

'I'm the punky QB know as Mcmahon...' That's all I recall, but I do know I had that on vinyl. A 45 inch at that. About a month ago my buddy busted out 'The Fridges' whole bit right out of the blue. I was on the floor after hearing that.

Voltron rocked. Blows powerrangers out of the water anyday. Plus I was totaly in love with Princess what's her name at the time. What can I say, I was a kid. Not sure about Vector Man. That was a live action show i.e. not a cartoon correct?

Can't bring up Voltron without mentioning Robotech and G-Force. Those three are my favorite cartoons of all time. I wonder if I could find a collection of any one of those shows on DVD or even VHS. This reply dates me for sure. Damn I'm getting old(er).

4. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I don't remember any of those, probably befor my time. Although I have been wondering what the name is of a cartoonshow that I watched about 7 years ago.

It was about Mechs that were really smart, and when they went into battle with others the ground would be showed with green grids. I thought there was a war going on with some cloned guys or something.

Anyone know the name of that one??

5. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Is Voltron the program with the five lions?

If you want to dig deep, I've still got a He-Man video and I've got "The secret of the sword" on my pc. I searched the net like crazy to buy that video, but no one had it or wanted to sell it.
    I did the same for Robotech, first two seasons. Nostalgia huh.

6. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] errrm no sorry 'after' my time I'm afraid. I remember the Bears Superbowl but not the song. US Football isn't that big over here so the song would have only been played on the very few programmes that covered the game.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Uh, kids, I remember watching first-run Star Trek with my Dad. :o Let's not even go into Gilligan's Island, Bewitched, or Batman (NOT the cartoon!).

Does anyone else remember Ultra Man?! :aaa:

8. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31

Hey, I HAD the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles tape! I listened to it so much I wore it out. I do remember skeletor. And what about Saved By The Bell when it was only slightly bad? You Can't Do That On Television. Kids Incorporated. I'm starting to have flashbacks.

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Voltron kicked butt. Battle of the Planets (GForce) too.
    Ultraman = Ultracheese

[ January 09, 2003, 15:53: Message edited by: Jack Funk ]

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I remember the Turtles... my first backpack was a turtles one! I used to throw aroud frozen star-shaped christmas pastries and pretend that they were throwing stars....

Ara
    (*Remembers the e-mail she got about a person looking for Turtles slash, and grins wickedly*)

11. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I remember Heman, too. The Master of the Univese and Sceletor. I didn't watch too much telly and didn't have any actionfigures. But they were there and I remember. Same like G.I.Joe and The A-team!! Airwolf was pretty cool (nice tune too!) And I thought there was something like Supergranny...
    Most things you guys posted are not really familiar, probably other counties/cultures.

Now it's all Actionman, Metabots and others. Thunderbirds on rentree, and Lego hasn't got anything 'normal' left: all Life on Mars, Jack Stone, Harry Potter, Starwars and other lines.

*Still searching for my Lolo-ball*

12. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Voltron rocked!

What about Speed racer!
    And for anyone really old, I loved Kimba the lion (another Anime cartoon)

13. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Aaww come on batman was cool :rolleyes:

Paf, Kapoow, bang, come on robin we must follow the joker for the one thousenth time and fight an end scene where we always win :D :D .

14. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31

Kimba was the original Lion King. Seriously. Kimba the White Lion was where Disney got their idea for the movie. They lost a huge lawsuit about it too, I think.
    Sorry for going :yot:

15. Velcro Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The oldest cartoons I can remember are
    1) Beany and Cecil the Sea Sick Sea Serpent - Now talk about bad puns. :D
    2) The Herculoids - cave family & pets defeat bad guys.
    3) Frankenstein Jr. and the Impossibles - more super heros.
    4) Underdog - and another super hero

Execpt for Beany and Cecil, the others wouldn't hold much interest if I watched them today.

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nostalgia isn't what it was used to be.... :D

17. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Don't forget Howdey Doodey and The Banana Splits :)

18. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I forgot all about Underdog. and the Banana Splits.
    I loved that show. And Mr. Peabody!
    I had all the old He-man figures, the castle, then everything got ruined in a flood.
    Vector man was a live action tv show, not a cartoon. There was also Tranzor-Z.
    Voltron had two different robots. The first one was actually 30 small space ships that formed a robot. The five cats came later.
    How about that show Emergency? Or better yet CHiPs!
    The Brady Bunch
    The Courtship of Eddie's Father
    Leave it to Beaver
    Tom and Jerry
    The Flintstones
    Bugs Bunny
    Romper Room
    The Great Space Coaster. With that gnu newscaster. Were no gnus is good gnus!
    You know, they just don't make cartoons like Tom and Jerry or Bugs Bunny anymore. We have all this Pokemon stuff nowdays.

[ January 09, 2003, 21:12: Message edited by: Elios ]

19. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I remember He-man and GI-joe. And what about series like X-men and spiderman? And of course Barbapappa, the best serie ever!!

20. Yochimbo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

What about all the Sid & Marty Kroft ones? That damnable seamonster, the Bugaloos, and all that?

I'm kinda glad all I watched back then was Star Trek reruns, ya know? :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.