1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DR, Chandos, are you still with us?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Darkwolf, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Is it just me, or have Death Rabbit and Chandos gone down for some basement time? I haven't seen anything from them and the directory says their last posts were on 11/2 and 11/3.

I know there is an active chat for members of this site, just never have time to get any info on it, but I believe that I have seen both gentlemen referenced to in discussion about it, have they turned up there?

The Ally seems a little empty without them ranting at me! :p

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Chandos was arrested on Nov 4 for uttering death threats to kill Bush.

Death Rabbit, during the ceremony for his conversion to Catholocism (his fiancee is Catholic) tragically died during the baptism when the priest, in an inexplicable fit of rage, held DR's head under the water, drowning him.

/me starts the rumour mill :p

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    It was the aliens. :alien:

I am sure they're half-way to Betelgeuse by now...

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It wasn't my fault. He stepped on my toe! :D :lol:

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow, they go away for all of a week and suddenly there's a missing persons investigation going on and alien baptism conspiracies being unveiled! Impressive!

6. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Chandos is to busy packing in order to migrate and Death Rabbit is organizing the resistance. :p

7. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Actually, Chandros and Death Rabbit are both the same person, and they never knew it.

They are currently residing in the Shate Creek Mental Institution, and internet access is restricted to once a month.

8. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Last I heard, they had gone underground and founded CLIT - The Committee for the Liquidation of Incompetant Texans. :banana:

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Neither of them are chat regulars (or even irregulars...), so why not fire a PM to them if you miss them already?

10. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Tal, I just figured it out, your avatar isn't an elf, it is a Vulcan :borg: . Don't you ever have any fun? :p

Sending them a PM would be boring, and if everyone who noticed their absence sent them one their mailbox would be full in no time. This is more fun, no one is being attacked or hurt, and both of them will get a laugh at it when they get over their post election hang-overs! :beer: :sick:

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Of course, DR and Chandros' group are a small off shoot of a much much bigger resistance movement called the LABIA. Which is Liberals Against Bush and his Isolationist America. :roll:

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Death Rabbit/Chandros is currently drugged up to the gills on highly taxed medication and is unable to answer the phone right now. Please hang up, and try your call again in four years.

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    They're both from Texas . . . hmmmm. Anything to that rumor that Bush was tapping into registered Democrats' computers? They're both in Gitmo, sharing a cell.

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I see DR is on the list of Recent Visitors, so that can mean only one thing - someone stole his password.

15. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

No way, dmc - if that was true, I'd be gone too.

Wait a sec - someone's knocking on the front door...

No! Wait!! That's not a knock! Someone's breaking down the door! Help!

Help!

Heeellllll---

<transmission terminated>

16. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

All the good US folks are being snatched away! There goes another one. :cry:
    Somebody better do something, or them evil neocons will rule supreme. And that would hurt the communality of AoDA. Not to speak of international relations.

17. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Jeez...I'm out of it for a few days and everyone's world falls apart. Y'allz is such my bitches. :cool:

Seriously though - thanks all for the concern, but I'm taking a much needed break. Between personal problems, my move to Chicago/art school approaching soon, post-election political burnout (and serious shaking in my faith in my fellow Americans), a mountain of work to plow though, catching the flu, the pressures and problems that naturally come with having such a large penis...I'm understandably a little exhausted.

Okay, maybe I exaggerated just then. It was just a cold, not the flu. :heh:

So thanks everyone, but that's the dilly...next time I have the audacity to allow real life to take precedence, I'll be sure and leave a note. ;)

Oh yeah...one more thing...

/me kicks Darkwolf square in the nuts

Now that that's out of the way...welcome back, buddy! :D No hard feelings, I hope.

D-Rab out.

18. Splunge

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Just to point out a typo - you mistakenly typed "having" rather than "being". :p

19. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31

Veteran

It is all good DR. I just wanted to have a little fun with you, not at your expense! :good:

/me takes the hatchet and buries it

Hope you are feeling better and that life calms down for you.

Now, how do we bring out your alternate personality to let us know he is ok too? :banana: :p

20. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Well, how could I not respond to a thread like this? I did not want to fire off at the hip over the election and say things that I would only regret later on. And say something that would offend the couragous conservatives, whom I respect and admire (Hack n Slash, DMC, Snook, Grey, etc); those who did remain on this board and were not "chased off" by us leftest, Euro-loving Commies.

Yet, I was not surprised by the results of the election, but nevertheless, very disappointed. But I post on this board not because of the politics, but because I actually LIKE the people on this board. I don't know if Harbour Boy or Abomination are liberals or conservatives, and it really doesn't matter to me. Imagine, thinking that people are more important than politics. Tis a strange thought in America these days.

Still, good to see you back, Darkwolf - now that the "coast is clear," and Shrub is safely seated upon his throne, so to speak. Oh, but this time he really did win the election, so it seems. I'm sure like all two-term presidents he will now realize a place in the extended history of America, rather than just receiving a dismal footnote for his failures. Such is the turn of the "Wheel of Fortune." You see, I really am still a student of the Middle Ages after all.

Still, let's not dwell in that past time, but instead, speak of more recent history. But, to cut to the chase, who is the most beloved of all American presidents would you say? I'll give you some time, since I know Ronald Reagan has just passed on to the great Happy Hunting Ground in the great American Cosmos. Lincoln, maybe (he is a Republican after all); FDR? for sure you would not select the likes of him. How about George Washington? We can agree on him.

You are a student - and an admirer - of the Founding Brothers, I would think. You refer to them often, and for this you have my respect. Like yourself, I believe that they were exceptional men, not only within their own time, but for all time. Washington was a great president, IMO, for a manifold of reasons. He belived in a UNITED America, during a time in which there barely was an America to speak of.

Two things about the "indispensable" founding brother come to mind: First, he depised the "politics of party." Would you like proof? Take a gander at his "Farewell Address." Second, to prove this point he had in his cabinet two opposing men: Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton. Can you imagine Bush having Ted Kennedy, and say, Trent Lott, in two of the most important postions in American government? Keep in mind that there were only FOUR (count them) cabinet posts in the executive branch of government at that time. To be sure, Washington often sided more with Hamilton than with Jefferson, and Thomas J. resigned his post after several years of frustration.

Nevertheless, Washington still pleaded with Jefferson not to resign at the bitter end. Why was Jefferson so important to Washington? In one word, integrity. When Washington said he wanted a "united" America, he meant it. That also meant that those of Jefferson's party had to be included in his government if his word was to have any meaning at all. Washington understood this, even though he did not often agree with Jefferson on many of the issues.

Washington's legacy was the founding of a great People and a vision of a "United States." Thomas Jefferson's legacy was the realization of the rights and the elevation of the individual above all else. Both legacies are at once wholly incompatible and wholly constant at the same time, which is the paradox that is America in this very day.

John Adams, another of the Founding Brothers, never could understand how his good friend Thomas Jefferson could reconcile his lofty ideas of social and political equality with individual freedom; an agrument that we, as Americans, are still engaged in today.

Oh, yes - the election, and why Kerry lost. I'll give you three words and you can fill in the blanks (and the regions): 1. Yankee... 2. Liberal... 3. Catholic... Never happened in my lifetime. The last time was over forty years ago. But who's counting? How old are you Darkwolf?

[ November 12, 2004, 08:08: Message edited by: Chandos the Red ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.