1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragons are a challenge of the past

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Athalon, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Dragons aren't so tough anymore with the expansion pack. Once I reached level 29 with my Kensai, I sent him back to SoA and redid part of the game and slew Firkraag all by myself. Of course, my Kensai had Spectral Blade +5 and some Katana I got in the beginning of ToB. I just turned on Greater Whirlwind and slashed him to bits.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Athalon - check this out before you post some more:
    ToB forum

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 27, 2001).]

3. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ohh yea, theres a Throne of Bhaal message board. But there aren't that many ppl there.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Athalon - There is a ToB forum for a reason. There are people who have SoA and not ToB who do not want to hear about things in ToB; so please keep any ToB references to the ToB forum.

I you continue posting ToB stuff in the SoA forum, I'm going to have to keep moving them, and that will NOT make me happy.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 27, 2001).]

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] I don't care!

I don't have ToB and I don't want spoilers. Comprende?

[Edit]

My answer is to Athalon.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited July 27, 2001).]

6. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hmmm... despite the fact that you repeatedly tell everyone you don't have ToB yet, you seem to make a lot of posts in the ToB section. :rolleyes:

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Impersonates the Mayor of Umar Hills...
    "Now everyone just calm down" :D

:Spoilers:

Ok back to topic: Saladrex and the other no name dragon in WK were not bad, but Draconis now he was proving to be a thorn in my side but we prevailed (after a couple of reloads) Hey he heals himself and casts invisibility a whole freakin lot, at least he is harder.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Of course I won't calm down!

"Many" posts in ToB forum are about 20 posts from which most were originally made in SoA forum. However, threads were moved here after.

So, I'll spam more and more about not having ToB as long as you who do have ToB continue posting ToB spoilers in SoA forum.

Am I annoying? Obviously, not enough annoying.

9. DemoGorgon Guest

How did you beat darconis? I tried a lot but couldnt get him for a while....
    How do you fill up that potion of air too?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    IIRC there is one underwater tunnel that you can swim through without the air potion. If you go through that one, you'll find the place to fill it.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited July 27, 2001).]

11. DemoGorgon Guest

you can import from ToB to SoA? thats screwed up

12. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I find it funny

13. LonnieTheLazy Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Dragons have never been easy, the Shadow Dragon wasent to hard, but i killed Frikaag outa sheer luck (jareira had a weopon with thorn damage, everyone was dead and i was dire charmed).Draconis is near impossible, and Abizigal is much easier and i find that annoying

14. Horvath Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I didn't find Draconis that hard at all
    just the usual routine: mordenkainen swords, planetar,true sight,...
    then just pound him to dead

15. Tallon Zek Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

No, dragons arent hard at all.
    Summon Fallen Planetar with good ol' Eddy, Summon Elemental Prince(s) with your local druid, send them in and they will kill pretty much any dragon.

16. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I tried an experiment with a dragon, by just sending in sarevok, having use greater whirlwind. He beat it up! all alone being lvl 23! I was rather surprised and somewhat disappointed. Seems like dragons aren't anything against a fighter anymore

17. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

w-w-what are you lot on about!
    I'm finding them hard. i do defeat them eventually but thats after the first 5 tries!
    but i defeated draconis with imoen using 3 magic resistence nulifiers (the scroll with the red heart filled half up with red stuff, you can get it from the guy who sell the scrolls) in a chain contingency.

18. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Well, we aren't thinking what kind exactly of dragons that we're fighting. Mostly juveniles, maybe a young adult. Wait til BG3 (hopefully). We'll see if they put in a Great Wyrm. Then we'll see who's laughing...

In response to theholygit, dragons aren't much of a challenge with pre-emptive planning. Since Draconis heals, I didn't even have to waver from my standard "tough-battle" strategy: Timestop. When time is stopped, you fire off as many spells as you want. Note that this is even better if you get the double-length Timestop and Improved Alacrity from the Wish spell. (Note: This isn't standard Improved Alacrity. It makes it so all spells are cast instantaneously, not in rapid succession.) Follow up with Improved Alacrity, a few lower resists, and then offensive spells.

I believe my record on a standard Timestop is...45 spells? Yes, that sounds about right. Needless to say, it was a massacre. Once you play a Sorcerer, you play a god.

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I must say that dragons might be a bit tougher than I first expected, it took me around 5 reloads before defeating Abizagil with the tougher files for him, that you can download somewhere. I mean, fighting 2 dragons at the same time, what a blast! :)
    most annoying thing was all those bugging drakes that were flying around.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.