1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragons!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jerky, Oct 16, 2000.

1. Jerky Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I finished the quest with the red dragon, and I didn't fight him, so I did other stuff, and then I decided to try and kill him. Every time I try to fight him, he kicks the crap out of all my guys, I cannot find a way to kill him, please help.

2. Grumblebelly Gems: 2/31

You can wait and head back to him later. I went back when most everyone was level 13 and was able to do it. But I'll be the first one to admit it was pretty cheesy. If you have a thief with a good set traps ability, you'll have an easier time. Set up the traps all around the dragon and they'll go off when he goes red. I surrounded him with some summoned elementals and animals along with most of my party. Had my lead (mage) cast Lower Resist to activate him. Then we all attacked and Jaheira burned through the charges on her flame strike wand, while my lead was casting pierce, and spell blast (?), and magic missles. If you want to be really cheezy, you can set the traps then go upstairs and rest, then set a whole new bunch of traps. Your old traps will still be there. Like I said, cheezy. But the key is to have constant damage to prevent that guy casting heal on himself. Seeing him go from Near Death to Barely Injured is enough to make you cry.

3. Anra Gems: 2/31

Flame strike on a red dragon? Does that do any damage?

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Flame Strike should have NO effect what so ever, but knowing the way they've changed a few things to "adapt" the rules to a CRPG, it most likely does.

Syl...

5. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Actually Flamesrike does work, once the magic resistence has been lowered and the protective spells removed. So far, it's worked on 3 Dragons for me in battle.

But when battling Dragons every round I have my 2 mages casting Pierce or Breach or Secret Word or Lower Resistence. While my Fighter & Minsc do the hard damage & my Cleric Flamestrikes via wand or spell from a distance.

I suppose the thesis is that Red Dragons are magical creatures, with magical resistences. If that magic is removed then they are vulnerable. In this case, the Fire resistence being removed or lessened.

6. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Firkraag(sp?) was a good fight. I cast Cloudkill, then used my fighters and summoned elementals and wyverns to keep him inside the cloud. Yikes, though. That Heal is quite a deppressing surprise.

Nice loot though(Keldorn's happy)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.