1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dual kensai to thief or mage?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Slayer, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Lord Slayer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] hi,
    i got a lvl 16 kensai with 18 str 17 dex and 17 int dual wielding CF and Daystar.i did all stronghold quests and almost all other quests :D.Im just to go give 20000gp to Gaelan. Now i dont know to what class i should dual him: thief or mage? or even not to dual him.

1.)I would dual him to a thief because he would do awesome damage with backstab and with the special ability "use any item" i could wear armor and braces.

2.)I would dual him to a mage so he could cast defensive spells, cast magical swords like blade of disaster and wearing robes.

3.)I wouldn't dual him because so he would get a even better fighter.:)

Any suggestions?

2. 1. Why do you have CF in Chapter 2?

2. It's too late to dual, IMO, unless you're soloing, which I'll assume you are, given your level and chapter stage.

3. Dual to what you need to. If your party (assuming you are in a party) lacks a mage, dual to a mage. If your party lacks a thief, dual to a thief. However, since you already spent so much points on INT, you might as well take advantage of that.

4. Edit your thread so there's no ToB stuff.

5. I'm sick and tired of Kensai-anything threads, but they just go on and on and on . . .
    Just search for "kensai" and see what I mean.

Sorry for being so harsh, but I just can't stand Kensai-related topics.

[This message has been edited by creudzfeldt-jakob (edited February 22, 2002).]

3. Lord Slayer Gems: 1/31

I m not soloing,
    my party is:

me
    minsc
    keldorn
    anomen
    jaheira
    nalia(to be replaced with imoen)

Why its too late to dual?

4. It's pretty much too late to dual because you'd have to accumulate another 16 level's worth of XP to get to be a Kensai/whatever.

5. Lord Slayer Gems: 1/31

I guess ur right, i wont dual him to anything.

I searched for "kensai" and i found many topics like this, so im sory for posting a
    kensai topic.

[Since you're learning about the search engine, also learn that no form of l33t is allowed here. No u instead of you, no r instead of are, etc. Go read the forum rules like you were asked when you registered.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited February 23, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.