1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Early quest problems

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Withnail, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Withnail Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have completed Nalia's keep and have gone on to clear out the copper coronet of all those dirty slavers but I killed the guy with the pet carrion crawler before he even had a chance to talk to me and i get the feeling i shouldn't have. Does this guy give you anything worthwhile? Is there any way to get it now I've killed him? Also had to go to Nalia's dads funeral for what seemed like a quest but nothing is happening, i've gone up to talk to the Roenalls etc but can't initiate dialogue with Iseah or what ever his name is, is this a quest? Nalia keeps moaning that we should leave and I cant get anything to happen.

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, the guy with the pet carrior crawler gives you information about how to solve the puzzle in the room northeast of his location. If you've already done the puzzle and got Lilicor, there's no other purpose of him. If you haven't I can't tell you what you need to do without a major spoiler. I'll tell you if you want, but I do not wish to ruin it for you if you don't.

In regards to Nalia's father's funeral - leave. The quest starts after you leave (although not immediately).

3. Withnail Gems: 1/31

I played the game the first time about two years ago and do remember getting Lilicor, I know you have to have some items for some kind of puzzle but as long as you don't need anything from the Guy I killed to do it I should be fine. If the puzzle is very complex however I have no problem with you explaining as I have already been past this part of the game previously.

On Nalia, she keeps moaning about going to Athkatla and I have to reasure her that we will but I have no idea what the quest is, nothing in my journal to indicate what it could be. I vaguely remember something to do with the Roenalls last time I played, is this it?

P.S thanks for the help.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Did Nalia have an argument with Isea at the funeral? If no one is talking to you (you're getting "NPC is busy"), do you have a patched game?

AFAIK, the old guy with the crawler doesn't give you anything but cryptic clues. His pet otoh...

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    The chap with the carrion crawler hints the order you need. You can still complete the quest through trial and error if you killed him.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, the order you need to use the items is:

1. hand
    2. ring
    3. blood
    4. staff

Now, which pipe they go into you can figure out by clicking on the different pipes. The first time you click on the pipe it gives you a short little poem verse, from which you should be able to figure out which item they are talking about. It's the second click that you actually insert the item. But if you know the order you should be OK.

If you've already gone to Nalia's father's funeral and talked to the Roenalls while you're there (Isea and Farthington are there) the quest should begin shortly thereafter - and there's no way you could possible not realize the quest has started.

7. Withnail Gems: 1/31

I have been to the funeral and tried to talk to Isea but get the "NPC is busy" dialogue so I continued on another quest but Nalia is moaning as though we should be on some quest for her. I have the collectors edition installed with TOB as well and thought this negated the need for a patch. Will the game still be buggy until I patch it? Thanks for the help with the copper coronet puzzle, I have all the items so now I'll go get that sword!

8. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    If you get the 'NPC is busy' message then you don't have the patch. I hadn't heard of collector's edition negating the need for a patch.

In answer, yes the problem will continue to crop up until it is solved by patching the game. Way back I forgot to patch my game and was sometimes able to get around the 'NPC is busy' message through a cunning system of saving and reloading until it worked. I wouldn't really recommend bothering when the patch is simple to download.

As long as you have no mods installed, then I wouldn't thinik that there would be any problem in installing it and then carrying on with your game.

9. Withnail Gems: 1/31

I have downloaded the official bioware patch, latest one i think, and when I try to install I get a message saying "you have throne of bhall installed, there is no need to patch" and the file fails to execute. I have heard of a Baldurdash (?) patch, is this what i need? Or is there an official patch I am missing?

10. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

sounds like you might have the SOA path you sure you have the right patch, there is a SOA patch and a TOB patch.

you can either install;
    -SOA then the SOA Patch, Then TOB then the TOB Patch
    - or SOA then TOB then the TOB Patch

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Since you have ToB, you will want to use the ToB patch (#2 on this page). I use the Beta patch myself and haven't had any problems. Baldurdash ToB fix can be found here, the first one listed.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.