1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Edwin stuck with Sex Change

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Digi Eratus, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Digi Eratus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I completed Edwin's quest and he changed back to himself, or so it appears. However I am experiencing the following buggy behavior, 1) every now and then Edwina's voice kicks in with a complaint about "her" predicament, as if never reverted back to male, 2) When you select Edwin to do something he doesn't make any witty remarks or complaints, doesn't say anything at all, 3) If you browse Edwin with ShadowKeeper, he sex is listed as female from the drop down menu in the characteristics tab.

The only thing I can think of is to edit the Affect variables listed for Edwin in ShadowKeeper. Anyone have a clue on what variables I should edit?

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Sounds to me like Edwin got exactly what he deserves. Anyway, if you edit the save with SK, change the gender variable to male and change the voice back to Edwin's natural voice.

3. Digi Eratus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I changed his gender back to Male, but how do you change him back to his natural voice? I didn't see a variable for his voice.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There is no way to fix that with ShadowCheater because what is bugged with the voiceovers is not related to any variable nor effect.

You should have used SPfixpack, but it's now too late. Unless you have a saved game before you've messed with Edwin.

The SPfixpack is downloadable here:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors3.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  5. Lennon Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The Baldurdash Fixpack both fixes this, and affects current games (or atleast it did for me).

If you do NOT have the Throne of Bhaal expansion installed, get the Baldurdash Fixpack v3.61
    If you DO have ToB, get the Baldurdash Fixpack v1.12.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Baldurdash's fixpack won't affect current game. If you already got Edwin with voice error, installing Baldurdash's stuff can't help you.
    That thing with Edwin and other non-retroactive fixes at Baldurdash is the very reason SPfixpack exists.

7. Lennon Gems: 2/31

It was retroactive when I installed it... I just had to reload, not restart :

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Really?

I have a certain saved game with bugged Edwin. And I can mail it to you to see it for real now. And Baldurdash's fix won't work. Also, the Baldurdash's fix on Edwin & Boots of Speed won't work.

If you don't want that saved game, Digi could zip his game and mail it to you.

Sorry for sounding rude, but accept that most of Baldurdash's fixes were constructed to work only in cases where a bug haven't happened yet. In other words, his fixes don't fix bugs you already got, but only prevent them from happening. SPfixpack is constructed to fix bugs no matter if those already happened or will happen except in few occasions that can't be solved retroactively (for example - Grae fix, but then again, that fix doesn't exist in Baldurdash's fixpack, just on SP).

One thing more, there is a certain old thread I've started at BIS BG2 Troubleshooting forum about whole thing with many, many details about Edwin bugs and possible solutions. Inside are details why Baldurdash's fix is not nor can be retroactive as you are trying to make people to believe into.
    If you're insterested to read it, it's here:
    Boots of speed possible solutions and Baldurdash fix

[ August 17, 2002, 15:20: Message edited by: Extremist ]

9. Lennon Gems: 2/31

Ok, I think I have a small idea on what was making it retroactive now- TDD.
    The TDD-modified Baldurdash fixpack seems to be retroactive in most respects. *IF* that`s what was making it retroactive (and it seems to be the only explanation), then sending me a zipped save won`t work- I uninstalled TDD.

Thanks for that link BTW, I found it quite interesting :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.