1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Equipment for Fighter/Mage/Thief

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Deathmaster, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I am playing solo with him, and just wondering what equipment i should definitely get my hands on.

Also what offers better AC, elven chain, or Bracers AC 3.

2. Black Rose Guest

There's a Bladesinger chain which offers AC2. Very good indeed.

3. Kr0n0 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I use Bracers AC3
    The mage robe Deirdre sells
    Ring of Gaxx
    Ring of Air Control (if i recall it's Ring of Air Control that gives +1 AC)

You simply must have the Katana +2, that gives you some extra spells.

I for example dual-wield Katana +3 and Katana +2, sometimes i switch for Flail +3 or Washisaki +3. Because:
    Katana - slashing
    Flail - crushing
    Washisaki - piercing

[This message has been edited by Kr0n0 (edited January 25, 2002).]

4. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You probably mean the ring of Earth control

5. A spare Mercykiller Ring and a spare Ring of Lock Picks are useful, considering the setback of the amount of Thief skills with a Tri-class. Then again, you could always cast knock.

6. Llandon Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Katanas and Long swords for Prof.

Cloak of the Sewers is also nice b/c like the ring of earth control it also grants +1 ac without effecting other + rings or armor.

I also reccomend the Robe of Vecna.

Since you are soloing get (pick pocket) the ring of regeneration in the Advnturers Mart. This is INVALUABLE for solo character, as you will completely heal with 1 nights rest. Of course boots of speed.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'd recomment the robe of the apprenti (AC 3) and unlike all elven chains it has *no* mali on the thieving abilities. This also leaves your hands free for the various gauntlets available.
    Additionall this offers the opportunity to equip the rings or cloaks of protection +1/ +2 at need ...

I'd choose longsword in single weapon style as my weapon and then it's up to you to either develop: flails or a ranged weapon (darts are excellent) :)

Good fun

8. Lord Sarevok Guest

Robe of the Appretti(or Robe of Vecna if you don't think it's cheating)
    Ring of Acuity
    Ring of Gaxx
    Cloak of Protection +2(later on Cloak of Mirroring if you don't think it's cheating like I do)
    Amulet of Power
    Belt of Internal Barrier
    Boots of Speed(or boots of Avoidence if you don't like them)
    Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise(or Bracers of AC 3 if you took Robe of Vecna)
    Pale Green Ioul Stone

As for Weapons try dual wielding Belm +2 and Kudane +2 for +2 to your number of attacks...at least until you reach level 13 as a fighter. You can use Dak'kon's Zerth Blade +2 (if you have the bonus merchants installed don't think the weapon is cheating) and Celestial Fury +3 if you want as well. Use Flametounge +1 to kill Kangaxx, and keep at least 1 weapon capable of killing Clay Golems, and at least one +3. Flail of Ages works nice here as it fills both purposes.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited January 26, 2002).]

9. happy1 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have gone for long swords dual wield and short bow.

Anyone use the Staff of the Magi?

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Pal, what do you think what my F/M/T used to deal Gaxx?
    (of course, plus Staff of Rhynn for Jaheira, Ring of the Ram and spells that create heavily enchanted weapons).

Yes, I nailed Twisted Rune before Gaxx.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.