1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Executioner's Eyes

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Darkiz, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Darkiz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

quick question: what does executioners eyes do? got a sword that gives wielder that but doesnt say what it is

[ March 16, 2006, 17:49: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

EE is a spell, IIRC gives ThAC0 and AC bonuses. Correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

@Goli Ironhead

This is not good old 2E, it is rather spiffy 3E, so there is no concept of THAC0. We mean BAB, sorry! :D

Anyway, IIRC, it is a level 9 spells, which lasts for only 3-4 rounds, but still hugely powerful, as it gives the whole party a great critical hit range. I can'T remember exactly but I guess it was +4 bonus, which means, if your weapon normally critical hits on a natural roll of 19, it now does so on 15. Add improved critical feat and critical hits will rain down your enemies! VERY useful! It can also give minor attack bonus etc, but the critical hit range is the best bonus!

@Darkiz

So love that weapon, and give him to someone with improved critical feat, he will score nasty criticals with a roll of 14 or better from now. And I can'T remember many monsters being immune to critical hits in IWD2, whereas in BG2 and IWD, a simple helmet provides immunity.

:doh: Oh, BTW, it is a critical hit THREAT, you roll again to see if it is indeed a critical hit or not in spiffy 3E rules. If the second attack roll normally hits, it is a critical hit. If the second roll fails, it is only a normal hit. For some weird reason. :p

4. Darkiz Gems: 2/31

wow..thats awsome, i got it on my dualwielding ranger right now and seems that was a wise choice, just need to find a good small sword for offhand now that i know the dualwielding penaltys, thanks for the response

5. wanderon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Actually it adds +4 to hit as well as +4 to critical range - it lasts for 10 rounds but only effects allies with a 15' area.

6. crucis

crucis Fighting the undead in Selune's name Veteran

Wanderon's correct, except that I think that if you have a weapon that gives Ex. Eyes when wielded, it is most likely only for the actual user of the weapon.

7. Darkiz Gems: 2/31

yeah its only on 1 character but its on all the time

8. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Check your character's record, I believe the EE bonus is applied to BOTH weapons! So the ranger is a great choice, pput anything in the off hand, just make sure it has a good threat range, ie 19-20.

9. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I use the EE Bastard Sword in the off hand.
    If the charecter has a high Dex, finessed fighting style, I use the Brilliant Short Sword +5 in the main hand. Otherwise the flaming Mace bought from the Wandering Village.

10. crucis

IIRC, isn't that EE bastard sword one of the Ease of Use upgraded bastard swords? I never really liked them, cuz I felt that they were overpowered.

I did get a kick out of the BS that summoned a snake on ~20% of the hits. It was amusing to get a few hits and surround the baddy with a mob of snakes, however weak they might be. They made great, zero cost cannon fodder.

11. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Reguardless of the penalties, I used the EE in the off hand and th BS with the acid burst in the main hand, Massive damage.

12. crucis

That was a fine decision, GGhoul. You get the EE benefit for any weapon you have in the other hand, so the ExEyes BS makes a fine off hand weapon. Just put the most damaging weapon in your main hand and look out for serious damage to come!

13. Mudde Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

A good thing to have as main weapon with that sword as an offhander is something that gives x3 with criticals. The small extra crit-range of swords won't do much compared to the triple damage of axes and warhammers with an extra critical threat range

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.