1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Eye of the beholder

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Dougfather, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Dougfather Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I want to download the games of the net. I've found 1+2 but not 3, can you help?

2. gig4ls Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Um...well, I have it on disc. I could get it to you if you're still interested, I'd upload it to a server and you could download the zip or something.

3. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Sorry but this game is not abandonware.
    Your best bet for abandonware is http://www.theunderdogs.org/
    but this game does not have a download here.

Any of the sites I saw it on have been closed down in recent months. They would have had a lot of illegal games on them.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Can someone tell me some more about this game? It only reminds me at a BG2 quest.... I always wondered where that eyes did go to :)

5. Fergus Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] This game was produced by TSR in 1983 (I think). It was one of the original Interplay products.
    The first 2 were very good for the year they were produced but the third was a bit short. (Personally I think the 3rd was the best but that's only cos it was the one that converted me to RPG games)

I hope noone minds me quoting underdogs :
    "Westwood's Eye of the Beholder 1 and 2 remain today two of the best real-time RPGs ever produced. They feature great graphics for their time, tons of cool weapons and devious real-time puzzles that mysteriously make you come back for more traps and pressure plates to push. The plots are typical kill-the-big-foozle fare, but the games are so well implemented that you'll be glued to the screen for hours on end. The graphics and animations are both top-notch, and excellent sound effects add to the incredible "you are there" atmosphere that is rarely achieved in RPGs of that time.
    Although EOB 2 feels at times like a poor rehash of its predecessor due to awfully similar graphics and monsters, it does feature more expansive and varied outdoor levels, as well as less frustrating endgame boss (defeating the Beholder in EOB 1 is nearly impossible if your party is not at maximum levels). They're both very challenging games that are definite must-play for dungeon-adventurers, especially fans of book-based AD&D. Too bad SSI's own EOB 3 doesn't measure up to these classics."

6. gollum Banned

Just go to download.com and enter the game and you will find something or you can try a Napster thing and download it off that.

7. NamelessOne Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] This of course begs the infamous queston, which was better EOB1 or 2? (3 was obviously not very good). I must say I preffered 2's atmosphere, it just seemed less mazey and there were some great monsters hidden about.

Just to say if you can cope with 10 year old first person graphics and 'simplistic' fighting sequences than everyone who hasn't should play an EOB classic today! Let's petition the sorcerers for our own forum. WE CAN TAKE THEM!!

8. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Interplay is still selling these games under the title Forgotten Realms-Silver Edition. You get all of the EOB series,Savage Frontiers, the original POR and the three sequals. The best news is I saw a couple of them the other day at GameSpot on the $9.99 or less table.

9. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.