1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Famous Character Appearances

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by void, Jul 23, 2002.

1. void Guest

I haven't been able to get very far through the game yet (I can only play 1 or 2 days a week, and I'm not to sure of what type of character to play so I'm allways restarting...) , so I'm wondering whether any famous characters make an appearance i.e. Drizzt, Elminster etc. You could count Nasher as famous perhaps but I don't really think so... Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Void

2. dkamnitzer Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I don't know if I'm correct, or if you'd consider him famous, but there is a quest in Lusken from a Gnome with the last name of Jansen. He starts talking about turnips, so I imagine he's related to Jan from Baulder's Gate II.

3. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

No, the Baldur's Gate cameo fest does not extend to this game. YAY!

4. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I second that "YAY" :D

5. GreyLens Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Why Yya? I thought the cameos added some depth, history and ties to the rest of the Forgotten Realms. Gives you a sense of things actually happened before you came along.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] You mean Nuuber didn't follow you all through Port Llast?!?!?!?
    Spoiler - Just kidding!!!! :grin: :spin: :roll: :lol:

7. void Guest

PHEW! I''m glad that there aren't any too :) .

I third the earlier mentioned "YAY!" ;) .

8. I dunno if it's the guy from BG2 .. but it's rather familiar.. Wanev. You'll find his house in Port Llast and his dungeon to the north, I accidently killed him (he attacked me).

9. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Much happier without the cameos :)

GrayLens - I find the cameos annoying *because* it makes it feel like everything has already happened. Besides, the history books you find all over provide all the necessary background.

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Dude!!!! Sir Belisarius is in NWN!!! Can you believe it?!?!? He's the paladin in my game and he was the character I played in BG and BG2....No wait, that's my main character...Never mind!
    :grin: :spin: :roll: :lol: :wave:

11. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

[​IMG] You can consider Obound Many-Arrows and Klauth famous as both or in the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting.

12. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Yes, there is a Wanev in NWN as well as in BG2. However, its very unlikely they are the same guy even though both are mages.

As for the cameos, I think they suck because the character is question is used in a foolish and trivial fashion. Drizzt is just standing around in a fairly unlikely place for him to be. (Well, I *think* its unlikely, never actually read the books, so I could be mistaken on that). Elminster keeps dropping in like he's paying close attention to events, yet can't be bothered to actually *do* anything about stuff. If he's got better things to do than stopping psychotic madmen from wrecking the world, he should be doing those better things *NOT* puttering about aimlessly in the neighborhood.

13. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

[​IMG] I would think the revival of the creator race would warrant the summonings of Elminster the consistent meddler. :grin:

[This message has been edited by Frog (edited July 26, 2002).]

14. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Maybe this is when he's locked in that battle for supremacy with Edwin and can't make it?

Besides, what's a pitiful creator race queen after (not) dealing with packs of demigods? Do you even notice?

Besides, you can't code Elminister until the expansion pack comes out with the epic level rules. :D

[This message has been edited by Vormaerin (edited July 26, 2002).]

15. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] what about that elf guy in chap 2 (in the tavern gives you the 3 gems quest).. he is supose to be famus (as you can do a lore check to see if you know of him)

16. void Guest

Someone said that Klauth is in it, is this true?

17. Invoker Gems: 12/31

Yeah he's in the game. Too bad he's scripted to act like an imbecille :p

18. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31

Bah, that's just Klauth's cloned 'soul essence processing bioconstruct'. The real Klauth obviously couldn't even get into that room he was in, much less do any of the less than bright things he does there.

19. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

1.king obould many arrows
    2.Nasher
    3.Klauth
    4.Elaith Craulnober
    thats the only ones ive found

20. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

[​IMG] Elaith Craulnober is an evil mullet-machine. I can't believe an elf would turn so evil, then turn good for the sake of his daughter! He's an ELF, he should have been good right from the start! And you're supposed to pity him! :mad: The worst part is that by the end of Chapter 2 you could easily kick his scrawny @$$ up and down the Sword Coast. :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.