1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Farewell sweet Mt. Dew!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So I went to my doctor for a check-up this week. He was taking an X-Ray of my hand to see if I actually did break 3 of my knuckles in my right hand. Well, I did...but that wasn't all the X-Ray showed. Apparently, I have the bone density of a 60 year old. :eek: The culprit? My beloved Mt. Dew of all things! :bang: He told me that my habit was robbing my bones of calcium and other essential nutrients.

So now, I'm only "allowed" to have 12oz can per day, no more. :wail: I'm also supposed to take some nasty tasting supplement that looks like a pill meant of horses...not humans.

Mt. Dew, why have you forsaken me?!?! :wail:

Oh, and for those wondering, on a daily basis, I was drinking one 12oz can when I got to work (around 7am), 22oz at breakfast (around 9am), another 22oz at lunch (noon), a 20oz bottle durring our afternoon break (around 3pm) and then one or two more 12oz cans when I got home from work. That's between 88 and 100 ounces every day except for some Sundays. :thumb:

So, anyone else want to quit drinking with me? :rolling:

2. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'll quit with you Kitrax. I drink Pepsi and luckily so far the only side effect has been not being able to lose as much weight as I would like to. So I'll be your support buddy. We'll both do it for our health.

And here I thought pop was good for you. That damned Pepsi Cola rep lied to me!! He said it would have no ill side effects... LOL

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've never understood why that crap is so popular in America. It's dog piss.

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Really, these soft drinks seem to be almost like heroine to those people who drink them. 100 oz in a day? Your bones should be crumbling to dust by now...

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I feel your pain... i am trying to cut down on my 50 oz a day intake because I am trying the dreaded "diet" thing....

I think my bones are rather crrumble-y. Especially since I don't drink milk.

*hugs Kitrax*

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't really know what an oz of Mountain Dew is ( I thought an ounce was a measure of weight not volume). Anyway, it sounds like you were having 6 cans / bottles a day which is just ludicrous! Anything more than one a day is crazy for any sort of carbonated junk drink like that! It's a wonder you don't have worse problems than just bone density. What must your skin and kidneys be like?

I can't believe people can treat their bodies with such disdain. You should be drinking water and fruit juice during the day, not all the sugary rubbish.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, my skin is pasty white...but that's only because I don't get much sun anymore...other than that, my skin is the same as it has always been.

As for my kidneys, last time I asked them, they said that they were fine. :rolleyes:

Yeah...about that...I need something that tastes good and keeps me awake. Water here tastes like the iron pipes it runs through, and I'm not wasting money on the bottled stuff. As for the fruit juice, you should ask yourself why you got such a high score on the "gayness" quiz...not that I'm implying anything Harbourboy. :hahaerr: :rolling:

8. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If people do not properly maintain their bodies, why are they surprised when things go wrong?

9. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

As opposed to wasting money on 8 cans of frickin' Mountain Dew a day?

If drinking fruit (or vegetable) juice is "gay", then Flame On! :banana:

10. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

:eek:

Dude, try :coffee2:

No sugar, plenty of caffiene, and it's 100% natural. Tea will also do the trick.

(or can you? are you Mormon?)

I must admit I used to be hooked myself: I would drink Mt. Dew in the mornings along with my oatmeal, when the thought of Dew would get me out of bed.

Now I almost never drink carbonated beverages, nor do I ever have the urge. Good luck!

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Since I don't understand this stupid American term of "oz" I'll just say that I drink 4,5 liters of softdrinks in a week, which is a lot and probably way too much. Oh and don't listen to Bion, just look at his avatar and you'll see how you would look like if you drank coffee instead of Mt. Dew. :shake:

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow, Kitrax. Things must be pretty warped where you come from if fruit juice is considered 'gay'...... what's wrong with a nice glass of OJ?

Morgoroth, I'd say that 4.6 litres of softdrink, whislt much less than what Kitrax seems to be having, is still a bit much. I'd be lucky if I had one glass of soft drink a month.

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I also drink juice and I don't think it's gay. It saves your teeth and is good for your health; it's in many ways better than coffee/tee/Red Bull/etc. Try it (100% juice, that is). ;)

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Orange juice is 'gay', but Mt. Dew is good stuff?

And America wonder why they have high obesity!!!

15. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

My dad had to give up on Diet Coke because he went like 5 years where it was 90% of what he drank.

Now he drinks Ice Tea (Which is my addiction BTW. Not the bottled stuff like him though. Powder. :D )

Good luck.

16. Harbourboy

I'm amazed that intelligent people do such things to yourselves. You shouldn't need to see a doctor to know that drinking that much sugary carbonated liquids are going to be bad for you.

And Barmy, I wouldn't start pointing the obesity finger too far if I were you. The rate of porkiness in England is not much better.

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

First off, a quick calculation reveals that the 100 oz of Mt. Dew is about three litres of the stuff. I used to have a thing for Vanilla coke when it first came out, but about ten months ago I decided not to partake of cola drinks (although Dr. Pepper is an occasional weakness). I've had two glasses of cola since last August. That was only because I distrust fountain sprite and I don't drink Alcohol...

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I can't drink the old sugary nectars, since I had my brace fitted.

Still, I haven;t had a Mountain Dew since last August.

Mainly because I left the American base then, and I can' find any over here....

I'll quit drinking them with you guys.

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I usually drink bottled water but a little soda won't do any real damage. You really shouldn't drink any more than 12-20 oz of the stuff a day, though.

Coffee has some negative side effects too. For one thing, it stains your teeth and not even my high-end toothpaste will stop that.

Since when is fruit juice "gay?" OJ & 100% fruit juice are my primary beverages other than water. If that makes me gay in your eyes then so be it. I'd rather be healthy than be afraid of somebody thinking I'm gay.

Bottled water here is about three times as expensive as soda. I am not sure if that's the case where Kitrax lives but I suspect it is.

20. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Always wondered about that myself; must have something to do with mass production and distribution. But even CocaCola charges as much for their Desani water as for any of their fizzy sugar/acid cocktails.

I also wonder this about soy milk: how can a beverage that has to pass through a cow be three times cheaper than one that remains vegetable throughout the entire process???

Actually, even fruit juice isn't so good for you: you get too much sugar too quickly, as opposed to fruit, which takes longer to eat, longer for the body to process the sugars, and includes fiber, etc. Best to dilute your juice with water...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.