1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fate spirit

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Mr. Furious, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Mr. Furious Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Has anyone tried to use that fate spirit in the pocket plane but it just screwed up the game & you had to reload

2. Bastet Guest

3. Buddas Hand Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

no not me either.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] If you have nothing useful to add to the topic, do not post.

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

What do you mean by 'fate spirit'? I know there's cespenar, there's the exit, also the thing with which you summon companions, and of course the five stages throughouy ToB. I never found some fate spirit... please describe.

6. Mr. Furious Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The fate spirit is the thing near the exit with which you summon allies through, & every time I click on it it screws up the game so you have to reload.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That only happens if you edit the NPCs or the Pocket plane.

Also in SoA if you have killed any NPCs then try to summon them, it goes funny and summons the ToB version of Biff the Understudy, or the game crashes.

Using shadow keeper on creatures makes it go wrong too, try restoring the original files or making sure all of them are there, look for the Fate spirits Dialog file, I cannot remember what it is called but that can ruin the game. You cannot summon Yoshi either, which is bad.

8. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It always worked for me, which was a good thing. (Would not have been too happy if I would've been forced to go through the game soloing, ick.) Sounds like a serious bug, tried the patches?

9. buzz142010 Guest

[​IMG] If you havent used an editor like shadowkeeper...I wiold recomend downloading the BG ToB patch from Bioware's website...if you havent already. :roll:

[This message has been edited by buzz142010 (edited April 26, 2002).]

10. Rathan Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Ive tried something similar.

When I had installed BGII: ToB and tried to run it, I just got a totally blue screen with no text.
    Then I updated to the latest version, and were then able to actually start the game, but as soon as I left the pocket plane for the very first time, the game crashed, telling me that it had performed an Abnormal program termination.

So I just reinstalled BGII: SoA and ToB, and then it worked (after updating of course (still got that damn blue screen)).

PS: If this don't work, then try installing BGII: SoA + ToB with another set of BGII: SoA CD's (ie. you friends CD's). It worked for one my friends.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.