1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite SNES game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Register, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

To challenge the " your favourite NES game?" poll I made this, also due to that SNES beats NES in all terms of gaming.

My own favourites are:
    Seiken Detentsu 3e a.k.a. Secret of Mana 2
    Shadowrun
    NHL 98(my game is broken though)

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, as I've only played one good SNES game...

Chrono Trigger! Though I'm currently stuck on the Dragon Tank.

3. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Super Metroid and Star Fox, although it's been years since I've played them.

4. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

"Legends of Zelda: A link to the past" of course!
    It's really great.

Chrono Tiger is nice too.

5. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

"A link to the past"

"Donkey Kong Country 2&3"

"Super Swiv"

6. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

"Super Mario Kart" (multiplayer)
    "Star Fox"
    "Legends of Zelda: A link to the past".

7. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

" Seiken Denetsu 3e "

" Tales of Phantasia "

" Chrono Trigger "

8. Thanriyon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Legend of Mana

That was one hell of a game

9. Register Gems: 29/31

Hmm, the Secret of Mana/ Seiken Detentsu games seems really popular here, could be because they're the greatest together with Shadowrun.

And FYI, Shadowrun is a RPG based on a D20(IIRC) ruleset named Neotech(IIRC) and it even exists on SWEDISH, which is VERY irregular.

10. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Chrono Trigger! Hands down, pretty much perfect SNES game. Although Legend of Mana was a very close second, although I'm having problems getting past a certain level, bah who cares? Crono and Luminare rules all!

11. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The single best SNES game ever:

Chrono Trigger. The first & best console / computer RPG I'd ever played. Bought Final Fantasy Chronicles around 1-2 yrs back and I have to say, it still is.

Other extremely good SNES games include, but are not limited to:
    Super Metroid
    Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
    Seiken Densetsu 3 (loved the multiplayer option)
    Final Fantasy VI
    Tales of Phantasia
    Shadowrun
    Super Mario Kart
    Street Fighter 2
    Super Contra (or Super Probotector)
    F-Zero
    Star Fox (or Star Wing)

12. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yeah, Chrono Trigger was amazing, but I've always held a soft spot for a game called Breath of Fire II. Why? It's a pretty good game in and of itself, but the major reason:

It was the first RPG I ever played.

Before that, my entire gaming experience was with shooters and platform games.

One day a friend calls me up and says he's found an amazing game. (He had SNES, I had Genesis, so we invited each other over a lot.) The main character was a guy with blue hair, but he had partners: a cat girl with a big stick, a frogman, a monkey, a giant horse-guy, (I have no idea how he thought an armadillo man looked like a horse) a dogman with a crossbow, a weird plant man, and a girl with wings.

I pictured an incredibly crowded platform game.
    I got through my initial confusion fast enough, and grew to love Breath of Fire II not only for itself, but for its "species", RPGs.

You can't find it on the net anymore, because they re-released it on the GBA.

13. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] For me, the SNES rawked. It rawked sooo much! I loved my SNES, and I spent days and days and days playing these games:

"NHL '98" - in the funny shaped cartridge, which you needed an adapter for.
    "Yoshi's Island" - kicked ass, lots. Who doesn't love a Yoshi? Gameplay was awesome.
    "Star Fox" - oh yes, this kicked even more ass. Lylat wars improved on it tenfold.
    "Mario Kart" - multiplayer at it's best.

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Super Mario Kart
    Secret of mana
    Lufia II rise of the sinistrals

These I've played the most, and super mario kart I play still to this day.

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

My favorites are:

-Zelda: a Link to the past
    -Final Fantasy 6
    -Chrono trigger
    -Super Mario World
    -Chrono Trigger

If I had to choose one, it would be -definitely- Final Fantasy 6. Even to this day I think it's the best RPG made. Well, okay; BG2 comes even. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.