1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Few L'ill Questions

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Chelsea, Sep 16, 2001.

1. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Just a few questions that I woyuld appreciate advise on as they are driving me crazy.

1. Whats the deal with the latest shadowkeeper? I have downloaded it and it does not work.

2. How on earth do you survive the battle with Yaga-Shura (or Shaba Ranks). I find that so many Fireys spawn and humans that I get swamped, and people like Aerie can not take too many hits.

3. I am looking to do an evil party, and so have started SOA again with an evil party. Anomen has killed his sisters killer, failed his Knighthood and changed align from LN to CN. I understand that he can change to CE (my aim). How do I do this. I have searched the SOA forums but no joy and the main sorc site is not linkable at the mo. Have looked on rest of the net but apart from saying "If he fails knighthood he may turn CE" I have found no way to ensure this. I don`t want to link onto TOB before he has changed align of course.

4. I was creating a character the other day and while looking at the exp page I noticed that I could DC my Druid. I thought that they (and others like paladins) were bared from this. Whats the sp?

5. Lastly - Is regen stackable. Thats is...If I have the Ring Of Gaxx, Cernd's Staff and a regenerating Ioun Stone then will I regen at a phenominal rate or just at rate of best item (Gaxx)?

Apols if some of these are obvious to some of your vets. Hopefully others wonder these things too.

Chelsea

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well looks like I can only answer two and five, so here goes.

Yaga Sura can be a tough battle. I had Aerie equiped with the upgraded elven chain mail obtained from the black dragon in sundalesenar. It protected her from the basic fighters. If you have another mage, go ahead and have some improved mantles memorized. They will save him/her while she stands off to the side and casts. The main battle for me took place directly across the bridge at it's base. The safest place I found was beside a group of crates farther across the bridge near the bottom of the screen (still in view of the battle mind you). The best fighters Yaga summons should be going at it with your melee, so hopefully the mages will only have to contend with petty army reserves with no magic weapons and will be able to cast away. Yaga summons a tough cleric and mage right into the middle of the fight, and it might be tough to spot them before it's too late. If you can, maze them bother as the cleric has a nasty insect plague that can kill your casters. Regardless, take them out first. Then concentrate on Yaga. His army will keep coming until you kill him off, so make that top priority after you dispatch the mage and cleric. Knock his magic resistance down and pelt him with Horrid Willtings, Chain Lightnings, whatever. It would also help your fighters of you had some summoned creatures on hand, particuarly Morkendaikens Swords and, if your powerful enough, Devas, Planetars, or Elemental Princes. That's the best I can tell you since I don't know what your party make up is. (This might be a good time to use any portions of heroism or invulnerability you've been hording (just not TOO many;) )).

Yes, regeneration is stackable. The more regenerating rings and items you put on a character, the faster he will heal. I tested this by combing a ring of regeneration and the Axe of the Unyielding (upgraded) on Minsc and he regenarated like a mad man. I can't say for sure this will work on every single regenerating item, but I think it should.

3. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

What options did it give you to dual to?

It specifically states on page 35 of the BG II manual that druids can't dual class, but we all know how accurate that manual is...

There is a rule whereby you only can dual to a class you can multi with (assuming you posses the correct stats). Is the converse of this true? i.e. if it's a valid multi, can you, stats providing, dual to create the same combination?

Oh, once last thing... I'm sure in someone's posts they said they had a dualled bard in their party... is that possible, or would they have done that with SK? It wasn't a bard dualled to something, it was something dualled to a bard.

4. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It's possible to dual a fighter to a druid (or a druid to a fighter). I've just started a ToB game with a Berserker/Druid. It should be fun.

5. Judas Gems: 7/31

If you want a priest that can fight, you should consider trying a MC Ranger/Cleric (if you haven't already). They can fight damned well, and have access to all druid and all cleric spells. Very nice.

6. Chelsea Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Okay thank all for the advice.

Any insights about turning Amomen evil?
    I am running out of "trips" to do in the game and want to make sure that I achieve any change in align before I go on to the big battle.

Lots of people have said it is possible. I even had a peak in the clue-book in the comp shop and saw there that it said it could be done....however it just said that this happens when he fails the test.

Well he HAS killed the guy that he should not have...and he HAS failed the test. His alignment though has changed to CN and not CE.

Any insights...please!!!

Chelsea

7. Elendil Gems: 7/31

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think it's possible to change Anomen's alingment to evil...

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Don't quote me on this, but it's possible and I think it has to do with how you solve his inital quest when he joins. You mustn't go for a peaceful solution. Go for the one where he takes revenge and kills everyone. That will get him on the path of evil.

9. reijek hidesman Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Anomen becomes chaotic neutral if you mess up his quest (which i always do). So instead of sounding like a sanctimonious prick, he sounds like a nihilistic one. You do lose out on the wisdom bonus, but it really doesn't matter. The difference in low level cleric spells is negligible- how many times do you actually use cure light wounds in ToB?

10. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't use anomen but my R/C uses cure light wounds all the time (set the AI to defensive cleric and they start using all their cure spells at the end of combats) that is unless the regeneration heals everything before they can get their sepells off. Damn you get powerful in TOB, at this point nothing is really challenging (well maybe it is but you've developed strategies to win almost any battle by this point), you just want to find out what happens next.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.