1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Foundation Of Obvious Drooling (F.O.O.D)

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

All the credit goes to Rolsuk :)

The point is that we want a Food Smiley!

So whoever wants a food smiley, post here, making sure that Tal understands that we want a food smiley!

2. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

While I do want a food smiley, just for the fun of it, we have to remember that Tal probably has a lot on his mind. Things more important than food smiley's and we are only giving him an extra headache.
    Tal for all your troubles .... enjoy some :beer: :beer: :beer: or if your sleepy have some :coffee:

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well ... go find a food smilie for him. As you say, he probably has better things to do than look for food smilies for you :)

4. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31

@ Aikanaro you perfectly right. To bad I have no ideea were to find a food smiley :grin:

5. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Come, on! I'm sure he'll have a bit of free time in the next month... 'cause I'm not expecting us to have a food smiley too soon... but hey let's try!

In the meantime, let's :beer: and :banana:

EDIT: Neither do I!
    EDIT2: But I think I could make a few, 'cause they are simple animated GIFs, so pacience is the key... damn!

6. Lord Garak Gems: 7/31

I don't know about you people but I'm starving. Ok I'm going to get something to eat.
    Good night.... or whatever.

7. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Yah... whatever.

Making GIFs is easy my ass! The :beer: animated GIF is made up of no less than 62 32x18x8bpp frames!!! Damn pacience means nuthin when it comes to that much for one god damned smiley! :bang:

8. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

If and when Tal introduces new smilies, I want a food smily.
    Only thing I can say, nothing about eating burgers. Pizza is better, comes only after :beer:

9. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Pizza's good as well. The point is not burger or pizza, but We Want Food!

10. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    A food smiley isnt that high a priority, and certainly not the sort to make Tal spend any of his time on it. There just aren't that many places a food smiley can be used, outside of random babble. As has been suggested, locate a decent one and submit it to Tal, but the 'we' is looking decidedly like a 'you' right now. :p

11. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

Ya, yah, ya, whatever... but the :coffee: and :beer: and most other rarely used smileys are used mostly in random babling!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm up for it. :yum:

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I think the :yum: is close enough. Besides, there are so many different types of food, narrowing all of them down to one smiley would be impossible! Unless you want a smiley that's identical to the :bs: guy, just with the word "food" on his banner. :rolling:

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, if you find a good, general "food" smiley, I might be persuaded to put it up... but I don't have time right now to go fishing for one. There's not really much need for it either. No one is using :yum: as it is.

15. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Heh, I'd like one too. Not that I'd ever USE it, but it just belongs... C'mon, when was the last time the :tie: smiley was used eh?
    :borg:

(PS: anyone who says 'in your post, DOH!' shall have the pleasure of my foot hugging his or her backside!)

16. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Look at what I've started!! :evil: MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

@ Tal - :yum: can only be used in "I had pizza today :yum: ". What we need is "I'm starving, :insertfoodsmiley: time!" or "Time for some :insertfoodsmiley:" then its guaranteed to see use. The :yum: smiley just doesn't have enough applications, we need a real food smiley :D (but I don't know from where though...)

/me casts Create Smiley
    - casting failed

pooh!

A special thanks to Kelvon Shadowmane for posting this topic

17. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Pretty cute, but rather on par with :yum: , isn't it?

19. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I think Shalladeth's one is different enough, Tal. The knife and fork set it apart, whereas the smiley licking his lips could be used for a variety of other posts as well. Angelina Jolie comes to mind...

Of course, since the only smileys I seem to use are :evil: , :flaming: , :bang: , :nuts: , :rolleyes: , :p , :pope: and :banana: , my 2c are a little less relevant to this discussion.

20. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31

@Rolsuk: It was my unimaginable pleasure to post this!

I can't belive all the interest in food smileys! Shalladeth's smiley is kind of pathetic and looks like a mentally incapacitated kindergarden kid, but it's better than nothing!

PS. If I had the time I could actually try and make a food smiley! I'll just have to see about that.

Thanks Tal for the cooperation.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.