1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Friday - Tiger's Tale

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Blades of Vanatar, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

So, Tiger is talking on Friday. There is only one thing I want to know from him? Why were some of those girls ugly? I could of landed some of those babes in my single days, no problem. The IHOP chick looked like a dude for crying out loud! With all of that fame and money, he couldn't consistently land HOT chics? Maybe he truly is a sex addict? Or a moron....:rolleyes:

2. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    The only thing I care about is when he's coming back. They said he's going to apologize, but he certainly doesn't owe me that. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the only one he owes an apology to is his wife and family. My relationship with Tiger was watching him golf on TV, and it will remain as such.

3. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Maybe he got bored with hot chicks and wanted some variety? :p

In any case his sex life is certainly his own business. Sexuality is a very personal thing, judging what he does with his penis or where he puts it shouldn't be of concern to the general public.

Some guys (and gals) have some strange fetishes or sexual fantasies that doesn't make them morons, does it?

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Of course not Carahras, I was being sarky! ;)

I really only care about Tiger's golf game. I hate to see the best fall in their prime because of outside the sport scandals. Tiger is the "man" on the course. I don't care if he slept with more women than Wilt Chamberlain, I just find it funny that he would risk losing that beautiful wife of his and possibly raising his kids(which is a winderful expereince) for some random sex with a homely looking broad at IHOP. That doesn't compute.

5. Caradhras

Media:
    Actually you make a strong point with this raising kids thing. Why would someone jeopardize that?

People who are incredibly successful and who seem to have everything may need something extra to cope with being successful and having everything.

I had to google search "Wilt Chamberlain" thanks for making that reference. :)

Thanks, I was starting to think that it may have applied to me (not that I have a thing for ugly chicks or fame or money). :p

6. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Let's just say that they didn't call him The Stilt for nothing :D.

7. Blades of Vanatar

You mean you never saw Arnold's movie "Conan the Destroyer"? Wilt is the giant that travel's around as the princess's? bodyguard.

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'd guard her body. The d'Abo sisters were awesome.

On topic: I don't watch Tiger, I don't buy because "Tiger endorses product XYZ," and I don't really care what he does with his personal life. Needless to say I will not be watching the program.

9. Caradhras

Media:
    I didn't make the connection. Thanks Blades. :)

I approve.

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I do watch Tiger - when he golfs. I certainly don't buy anything that he endorses simply because he endorses it. Then again, that's pretty much true with me for any celebrity endorsing anything. While I don't particularly care what goes on his personal life, I am somewhat interested in what he has to say, as at the very least, I'd expect him to talk (at least in general terms) of when he plans on getting back on the course.

EDIT: Just heard the press release. Most of the time, Tiger looked sincere, contrite, and humble. He even became a bit emotional at times. He spoke for about 10 minutes. That said, towards the end he seemed to become a bit robotic, and you can definitely tell at least towards the end that he was reading from a prepared statement.

He admitted to being a sex addict, being in therapy, going back to therapy, and openly admitted cheating on his wife. He apologized. Surprisingly, he made it sound like he's going to be out of golf for a while. He said that he doesn't rule out playing again this year, but that certainly doesn't sound like someone who is going to play at the Master's in about two months.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Damn, he is the only person who makes golf worth watching. Hopefully he gets his **** worked out so he can go back to entertaining me!

12. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I am the resurrector and the strife!

OK, I just have to get a couple of things off my chest here:

1: Enough already! Let the poor guy go back to playing golf and mending fences with his wife.

2: I say Congress should enact a new law that punishes fame seeking whores for their stupidity. I mean lookit this:

Like anyone believes her motives are either altruistic or informational in nature. She's just as culpable as he is and she is just capitalizing on it. I would like to see her life damaged just as badly as Tiger's has been. "Just wanted the truth to come out" -- what a crock of <snip>.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.