1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funniest game you have ever played

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Elvenblade, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I can only say one thing: Monkey Island. It is by far the most funniest game I have ever played.
    Laughed my ass of :D

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Either all the Monkey Island or Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

3. GI Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

So far, the funnies game that I ever played is Worm :)

4. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Monkey Island serial is very funny, but my favorite is Grim Fandango!

5. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Conkers bad fur day (for the n64). Very very funny.

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    The Curse of Monkey Island :D sooo funny!

Planescape: Torment made me laugh aswell :D

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Tropico, some bits of it.

8. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Either Liero or Dungeon Keeper, those imps are just great :D

9. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Day of the Tentacle, it was just hilarious.

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The Monkey Island series

"Oh my God!!! Who painted me pink!" :roll:

11. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Ok, it looks like I'm the only one here who hasn't played Monkey Island... but my favorite funny is SIm City 3000. I don't have very many games, especially RPG's :( :cry: , but the little Ticker line is hilarious: "Mayor Dman smiles as he sees name in ticker slot" or something like that. And the things your advisors say when you are torturing your city with alien invasions and the like :evil: is just plain funny.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle is very funny, but I stick with almost anybody here: Monkey Island series, with the Curse of Monkey Island as my favorite.

Ewww, porcelain!

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

[​IMG] Going with the flow, Monkey Island series "You can't feed cheese to a lactos intolerant volcano god!" :D

14. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Monkey Island is good and all but I really love the Leisuresuit Larry series they are just so hilarious :D

15. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Monkey Island, Leisure Suit Larry, like 'em all.

Also try Medieval 1 (good) and 2 hilarious. PS games. That little hand is a scream!

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Leisure suit larry VII: love for sail

Tickle your *ss with a feather?
    What did you say?
    Particular nasty weather!
    Oh....are you sure?

Classic :D

17. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Absolutely, along with most everyone else, The Curse of Monkey Island. That said, the Fallout series was pretty funny. Where else can you get exp. for "discovering yet another obscure pop culture referance" :D

18. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion for the Mega Drive. I may just be a twisted sick individual, but Mickey looked really cute when he fell from a great height :) Like a little hamster

19. ettercap Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

hm...am i the only one, who found the humour in the last 2 episodes of monkey island rather weak? i think the puns and jokes of the first two parts could hardly be beaten and while the third and fourth part were pretty good by themselves they never reached the heights of the originals.

ah, yes, the early nineties, what a great place for adventures and rpgs *g*

other nominees:
    caveman´s ugh-lympic games (oh, yes, someone still here with a cbm? remember the firemaking or mate-toss?)
    space quest series till part 5 (especially the software shop in part 4)
    the more subtile parts of indiana jones 4 (´i feel a disturbance in the force...´)
    superhero league of hoboken (for the special attacks, the other gags were a little too much in the end)
    eric, the unready
    the spellcasting series
    scorched earth in team mode
    dynablasters with 4 players
    some of the lines in shadow warrior

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Vik: Medievil? That's with Sir Daniel Fortesque, right? It's the 1 of the 2 games I ever played on PS. Love to hear that guy talking!

Still nothing beats CMI! I always have to think of Murray when I see Slappy's Avater.

/me rolls through the gates of hell...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.