1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funny moderating

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Master of Nuhn, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] So we all know there is a couple of moderators & administrator keeping the Boards o'Magick tidy and friendly.
    We also know that in many cases they can be rather amusing, whether 'snipping' a post, closing a thread, warning people or anything else.

What we don't know (or me, at least) is where to find these moments, and so I'd like to gather them in this thread.

Warning:
    Don't see this as a thread where we can discuss whether the moderator was strict or unjust, nor as a thread to restart discussions and spamming in the posts or threads that have been subjects, or else this thread itself might become one. (That would be rather funny, though)
    I just want you to tell me what you think is a funny moment of moderating.

I'll start with the (probably) most recent one.
    "This thread" closed by BTA

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't see what's funny about the closing of that thread. I've seen threads like that work on other forums and turn out to be piss funny. BTA was just being his usual stuck-in-the-mud self ;) .

THIS , however, had me in stitches.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    My favorite has always been when Beren changed the name of the thread about the Graf Spee to read

[Sorry, that was me, not Beren - dmc]

[ April 15, 2006, 01:31: Message edited by: dmc ]

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I searched for the thread I wanted, but couldn't remember much beyond it was an edit by BTA I think of one of DotW's posts. D had said something about B and B edited the post, then D replied saying he wouldn't do it again and turned around and did it in the next sentence!

I suppose that I shouldn't find it funny, but I do because D was asked not to say what he said and did it anyway. It's much funnier if you're in my head.

Beren goes to Rashemen

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This is the one I enjoyed doing the most :)

8. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@ BTA: ROTFLMFAO! :lol: Now that is genius! :thumb:

I'll never be able to look at a jar of nitr... I mean peanut butter the same way again! :shake:

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I was hoping someone would link to that Peanut Butter thread.

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Haha, BTA, nice... but why was the thread so freakin' controversial? Is peanut butter dangerous or something? Is it a secret WMD?!

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

@Saber:
    I don't think it was actually about peanut butter before BTA went to work. :shake: And he missed something: One of the posts refers to three recipes when BTA could only come up with two for the peanut butter. ;)

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hmm... I believe that it was in the topic "Your top ten favorite posters", back in the era where I wasn't very fond of BTA, until we sat down like civilized adults and talked about it. Apart from that one, I don't remember BTA editing any of my other posts.

And kuemp... ironic that you call me "D" in that post, because that's actually one of my nicknames.

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Saber, IIRC it was some kind of explosive. Bloody funny work by BTA. I don't remember if I was even registered at the time. You also may note that the thread was started a couple of months after 9-11 (and also that we didn't have censoring software at the time).

Edit: Looking below, I was clearly not registered, but simply lurking.

14. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The thread was originally about making napalm. For the recipes, I basically just took what was there and replaced ingredients with different ingredients. The final recipe was simply gasoline IIRC so what could I do with just one ingredient? :)

Same thing everywhere else: I left as much of the original posts as I could without there being references to napalm or burning etc. left.

15. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I still find Ask Abazigal, and how Tal dealt it just as funny now as I did then. :lol: :rolleyes:

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ROFL!
    This is great. :D
    BA: Not as funny indeed as all the others, but at the time the dry humor got me laughing for 10 minutes. "What happens now? - The thread gets closed."

kuemper: Is this what you mean? "Message edited by: The New Order"

17. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    I was looking through Master of Nuhns link and found this post by dmc. Almost at the bottom of the page

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@MoN - It's not that one. I still can't find it.

@All - :hahaerr:

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

BTA, alright, now that I know that... :lol: Hahaha, nice.

I was wondering why people were getting angry at him for posting about peanut butter... :p

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, I was just happy to get two spams, err, posts, in that thread before it got closed ( too much like RB). And I thought BTA's answer to my somewhat rhetorical question was quite amusing. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.