1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Game-killing bug -- help!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by MrJimi, Dec 21, 2005.

1. MrJimi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] OK, I'm close to finishing this $@#! game, and suddenly it's become basically unplayable. Whenever my 10th level barbarian does an attack, the game hangs at the end of her turn. The little column on the right is empty, and I press the red "next turn" button at its base (or I don't -- it makes no difference), the game hangs. It never advances to the next character, or lets me do much of anything at all.

I can move the cursor around, go into her inventory, and access the options screen, but I can't access her radial menu or the main menu. I noticed the problem before, but it was never as frequent and usually went onto the next character after a slight pause.

Help! I'm so close and this is soooooo frustrating!

2. ShiningTed Gems: 1/31

Hmmm... does "close to the end" mean in the Fire Node? And does "do an attack" mean hit something with Scather or Fragarach? If so, we can help :)

3. Mozambik Gems: 1/31

I got that problem! i cant attak with fragarah!
    so what am i supose to do?

4. ShiningTed Gems: 1/31

Don't use Fragarach or Scather in the Fire Node. Its that simple.

5. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

One thing that usualy works with these types of bugs is changing some things, like in your inventory, then saving and then loading that save. Try attacking with different weapons and spells.

6. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yes, the auto hit weapon crash in the fire nod. But if you have made it this far in the game, then you should be able to make some decent weapons. Try +2 icy burst weapons, the fire guys hate cold damage. Hopefully you have the mod giving you full access to all the masterwork weapons. Save Scather for the final fight.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.