1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gauths on the Unseeing Eye 2nd level...

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gregster, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Gregster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

ok ok, i got here, and there is a couple of them gauths and that, i try, but they keep hoding me and kill me within seconds..... pleaaaaaase help, this is getting on my nerves..... ta

bye

2. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Gauths are definately a pain in the butt. There are a few strategies that work with them. If you have trap laying abilities, they can deal some damage, if you cast certain mind altering spells (chaos, domination) that will also help. Defensive spells that absorb spells cast at you also helps. When all else fails, a few good fireballs will weaken the nasty critters.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I used spells that mirrors or drinks magic. Or backstab those bastards!

4. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Beholder types cannot be backstabbed right? You can always go back to the store and buy Balduran's shield (of cheating :rolleyes: ), this shield reflects the beholder rays, usefull throughout the whole game.

But you have to have the bonus Cd's installed. They're also downloadable from this wunderfull place.
    If you want to keep it fast and simple, just cast invisibility on your whole party and skip those critters untill later.

5. Gregster Gems: 1/31

lol, what level were ur characters at this point? mine are at level 10, they r giving me a real but kicking, seeing as i cant lead each one off individually cuz of them fast spell things.

ta guys!

6. Gregster Gems: 1/31

wow u guys post fast.... anyway..... where can i get this sheild of baldurian from? and whats that bonus cd thing for BG2 that u mentioned?

ohhh, so much, lol
    :)
    ta

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Scout with a thief, use fireballs/ killcloud/ skulltrap casted under improved invisibility and well diespersed archers - that worked fine for me.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Igneous, are you sure?

If we cheat, let's cheat to hell!!!

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited April 18, 2001).]

9. Igneous Gems: 6/31

Eh extremist, be honest with yourself! this item wasn't in the original game at first. This item made beholders wuzzies, all you have to do is stand still and watch those beholders petrify themselves... No skill in that, that's why I say it's like cheating.

There is a lot of difference in difficulty facing beholders without or with the shield of balduran or that spell bouncing cloak (forgot the name) But everyone has the freedom to choose what to do, and if you don't think it's like cheating that's fine by me :D :D

Oh, and Gregster, take a look at the contents of this great site, you'll be surprised what they can add to your game. The Cd's are in the list too:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_editors.php

[This message has been edited by Igneous (edited April 18, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2017
  10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Equip a Fighter with the cloak of mirroring from the sahuagin city. (no shadowkeeper here folks ;) ) Then cast a spell that will prevent hold person. Cast Haste then Watch them whack themselves with cause harm wounds with a little help from you. ;)

11. Gregster Gems: 1/31

just like to that u guys, that sheild of baldorian is great

cyaz

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] gregster: huh? I speak fluent english dude, but I didn't really understand what you were trying to convey. Shadowkeeper Bites :mad:
    It sucks gaming online coz of shit like that!

13. Igneous Gems: 6/31

Easy man, he just says thanks for noticing him about the shield of Balduran from the expansion merchants. He bought it legally I suppose, shadowkeeper is mentioned nowwhere as far as I can see.

And give him a break for his English, most of us speak and write it as a second (or third in my case) language, and can't be as clear as they want to. At least he says hi and thanks politely.

Oh, and R'syil, don't post a flame on something you don't understand, but just ask for a bit more clarity next time. Makes all of us happy again :D

(Again, no offense meant to anyone)

14. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

well i never get the sheild of baulduron, but there is this sheild that defects missles back at caster... which work good for the rays

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Ig: the flame was for the shadowkeeper, not gregster ;)
    bUt Shadowkeeper still bites :mad:
    hehe :D

16. Gregster Gems: 1/31

well, thnx again, i gotta say, i thought about it, and i tell ya, i didnt have none of them spells u were on about, so it was my only chance.

ta guys

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Too bad dude, you shoulda gone by boat, so you could get the Vorpal sword Blade, the Cloak of mirroring, a shitload of XP and the crappy rod of lordly might. btw, who faced the Spectre in the Sahuagin area? The one with the nice beholder and the imps? Bec. I did the test correctly I didn't face it anymore. Just wanted to know about it and how much XP it gave ;)

[oh shit, I thought this was the beholder cavern, not the unseeing eye, sorry :embarrassed: anyways my strat was just the same as rag's. area effect spells.]

[This message has been edited by R'syil (edited April 20, 2001).]

18. Gregster Gems: 1/31

yeah........ boat?.......... lol, where's that.....

hehe

ta

19. [​IMG] Just haste, summon and hack'n slash away

20. lich Gems: 1/31

as i know, those beholder type of things would cast those beam on the characters only, they would "bite" those summoned creature

i just summon some fire elemental, some aerial servant to fight them and my character just stand behind and watch the show

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.