1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Getting out of Spellhold

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Damulak, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Damulak Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Having a little trouble, to leave via ship which I'm sure i've done in previous games i cant find the horn or any of the people involved in getting it.
    As for the portal i cant find the key! im sure lonk has it but if he had any loot i cant find it where i killed him.

2. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I thought the pirate lord (Desharik??) had the horn. It's been a long time since I went that route.

If you're referring to Jon's Key, the key that will unlock the portal to the Underdark, that is found in Jon's room in Spellhold. IIRC, his room is on the same level that the mages were being held prisoner. I cannot remember if the room is trapped or not. I do remember that there is a golem in there.

3. notforyou Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You take the horn from the pirate lord's "girl", her house is somewhere in the west of town. Then go to the far end of the docks where you meet xxxx (your trustworthy captain) to take over the pirate lord's ship.

The portal key is in Jon's room on the first level, but you don't need it if you talk to xxxx, because you'll get to the underdark throught the shark city.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    The one thing I'd like to add is the horn is only in the pirate lord's house at night. If you go during the day, it won't be there, presumably because he keeps it on his person during the day when he needs it.

5. notforyou Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I don't think it's in the pirate lord's house, but his girl's house, it should be near to his. If I remember right, I couldn't get into his house at all after refusing to bribe the bouncer first time I talked to him. Also, I think I got it during the day, just walked in and killed her guards that show up - not sure though.

6. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The horn is definitely in the girl's house but only during the night. Just sleep outside the door until it gets dark then head in and swipe it (I think it's on the table).

7. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

The girl will wake up when you take the horn, so you will get company...

8. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

...though that will be no problem if you bring an invisibility potion.

9. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I remeber I had a problem here. The trusty "captain" never showed up after I got the horn. I had to perform the good old reliable reload trick.

10. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

First you have to talk to Aeran Linvail in the inn to activate this quest. I would advise this path over going directly to the underdark if only for the cloak of cheese as some people caal it! :rolleyes:

11. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Aran Linvail is the Shadowmaster back in Athkatla. It's Saemon Havarian you need to speak to in the inn.

12. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The Pirate Lord's girl appears after 6pm.
    If you happen to be far off that time then clicking Ctrl-T will advance game time by an hour so you dont have to muck around too long.
    The 3 pirates are laughably easy for any self respecting warrior.

As for Jon's Key it in spellhold. After talking to Saemon just enter again and you are attacked by a Golem. His journals and key are in the room it came from.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.