1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Going to California...

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Kitrax, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yay for me! :thumb:

Anyway, I'll be on vacation in CA for the next week or so. I leave tomorrow morning for the 12 hour drive to where my brother's house is. If any SPers care to join me for some serious fun, weather permiting, I'll be spending Saturday the at Six Flags Magic Mountain, in Valencia...there's a 40% chance of rain, so we might be screwed on that.

But besides that, I'll be around San Diago, Corona, Huntington Beach, my old neighborhood in Buena Park, and just about everywhere in between. If you see a red, 1990 Acura Legend with Utah plates....that's me.

For the rest of you guys, see you about a week! :hippy: :rolling:

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nice. I like San Diego. It reminded me a lot of Auckland. Doesn't someone from SP work at the zoo there?

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Magic Mountain is cool, there is/used to be a ride called the Superman but it sucks! If it is still there, don't go on it. I thought jeez that has to be the best ride here when I saw it but it was a real disappointment after spending so long waiting to get on. I lived in Malibu for about a year when was little. I didn't like California when I went back though. I went to all the beaches and **** and before I went, I had visions that it was going to be like Baywatch with tons of hot girls all over the place but it wasn't nothing like that, everyone was fat and ugly!

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Sarevok

dang, that sucks dude :eek:

@kitrax

have fun man. Be sure to ride Top Gun ;)

5. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I just wonder, did those 'ladies' think much of you Sarevok?

6. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Do you think I care?

7. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

If you're going to San Diego, stop by the Kansas City BBQ. It is the site of the "cheesy bar scene" in Top Gun plus the beef ribs are excellent.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  8. Kitrax

Media:
    Well, I'm back!

It was quite a trip/vacation! I got to act as a tour guide for my poor sheltered g/f. The poor girl has never left the state of Utah! We spent Friday, Saturday, and Sunday driving around Southern CA visiting family and friends.

Monday we hit Six Fags Magic Mountain and WOW what a place! It's really changed since the last time I was there. I'm the kind of guy that'll go on *any* rollercoaster you put in front of me, but my g/f is afraid of most of them...but I was able to drag her with me on EVERY ride there, from Goliath, Viper, Revolution, and Batman the Ride; to X, Scream, The Riddler's Revenge, and Deja Vu ! Those last 4 are so awesome! I actually got her to love Scream...it is so new and smooth that we went on it 4 times in a row since there was no line what-so-ever! Cool stuff.

But best of all was the $200 I dropped in the Valley of Fire, just north of Las Vegas...which sells all the good, "illegal", fireworks! :evil:

But all in all, it feels good to be back home here in UT and here at SP. :rolling:

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Kitrax, what else did you do other than Magic Mountain?

10. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Man, I am sorry I missed this. Serves me right for not coming here everyday like I used to.
    @Harbourboy, I'm the one who works at the Wild Animal Park, not the zoo.
    I could have hit you up with some free passes to the park or zoo Kitrax, sorry for missing that.

11. Kitrax

Media:
    Well, since HB asked...

We had a romantic dinner at Ruby's...which is at the end of the Huntington Beach Pier. We had a seat that looked out to the ocean, so we got to watch the sun fall into the sea. :love:

Speaking of piers, we also went to the Seal Beach Pier a few days later, after visiting my cousin in Long Beach. Some college group was making a video there, and they asked if we wanted to be in it, so we did. Nothing much. After that we walked to the end of the pier and saw about 4 or 5 seals swimming around the pillars that hold the pier up.

We also went to see my grandma in Riverside, which was only about 10 miles from where we were staying. She told us we should go to a "family fun center" named Castle Gate or Castle Park or something like that. So we did, and I got to show off my professional mini-golf skills! :thumb: :rolleyes:

On the way back we stopped for some food in Vegas...and got lost. But all we did was head for the Stratosphere Tower , and found the "Vegas Strip", which has any kind of food anyone would ever want. With all that selection available, I still chose Arby's. :doh:

So that's my "more detailed" version of our trip. :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.