1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Got the Job I've always Wanted!

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Elios, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

You are now looking at a post by the newest educator at the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park!!!
    I had the interview at 10 am this morning and got the call two hours later! I haven't worked in a zoo for about three years since my wife and I moved to California and I have really missed working in that setting. I'm really excited about it. I get my orientation next Thursday and then will start doing programs after that!
    So, after I get settled in and anyone is in San Diego, come see me!

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hey, sounds cool. San Diego Zoo is my fourth favourite zoo in the whole world. What does an educator at a zoo actually do?

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, actually he said the Wild Animal Park which is a separate park from the San Diego Zoo.

4. Elios Gems: 17/31

Pretty much assisting or conducting any of the programs offered by the education department. Saturday classes, parties, overnights, summer camps, school tours, outreach programs. Of course being new I won't be doing everything just yet.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ooooh, much, much coolness!

*huggles*

Congrats, Elios :)

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Oh, if the Wild Animal Park is somewhere different from the zoo, then I haven't been there. I'm sure it is still pretty cool though.

Just checked out their website: http://www.sandiegozoo.org/wap/visitor_info.html

It looks awesome. Nice work, Elios. Say hi to the lions from us.

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Congratulations, Elios. It sounds great. I didn't get to the Wild Animal Park but I love their zoo.

8. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

That does sound pretty cool. Congrats!

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Congratulations, Elios.

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Yee-hah! If you've got reciprocity with the Philly Zoo, we'll be seeing you eventually.

11. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Congratulations!

It's the best thing, to be doing something you really like. Cant be boring, unless you're annoyed by stupid people with the wrong attitude :/

12. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Congradualtions! Finding the right job and getting it are two diffucult things. Have fun! :thumb:

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Amen. Have fun :)

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Good on you lad! I've been to the San Diego Zoo 3 times, but never to the Wild Animal Park...but good on you anyway! :thumb: :rolling:

15. Elios Gems: 17/31

Well, I went today to fill out my paperwork and get my ID made. I have my first official day on Thursday with new employee orientation. Next week I start with orientation in the education department and then get thrown into the mix next weekend. Most of the people in the education department know me already because my wife works as the lead in charge of all the animals that the education department uses. I had lunch up there today with some of the folks. The rest of the day I just spent walking around the park. I was up on a place they have there called "Condor Ridge" where their California Condors are kepts. Its neatup there because its quiet most of the time and it overlooks the whole park. I just sat up there, looking out and just reflecting. Man, what an awesome place to work. I honestly never really gave much thought into what kind of chances I had of getting a job there. I never really thought I would. Its a great feeling to be working back in a zoo again, especially this one.

16. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A zoo educator...sounds like the perfect candidate for an SP moderator job. Sign him up, Tal! ;)

17. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sweet. It's nice to see someones dream come true. Congratulations!

18. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Congratulations, I'm waiting to here if another company is willing to offer me a more respectable salary. Not exactly going to be my dream job though should involve more responsibility and experience.

19. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Congrats Elios, I also went for a job interview on thursday and got it! What a coincidence :) Too bad mine's not a dream job, because my dream is not to work :p :beer:

20. Harbourboy

Sorvo, if you concentrate REALLY hard before you go to bed tonight, you might dream about your new job. Then, when you wake up, you'll know you're getting up for your dream job......
    Congratulations. :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.