1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Grand Theft Auto series

Discussion in 'Playground' started by TheBlackRose, Jun 20, 2002.

1. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I've played all three games, the first two on the PlayStation and the third on the PC. Great fun, and the third's graphics are exceptional. Gotta love the 3D look.

They are great stress-relievers. :) :evil: Anyone else like these games as much as I do?

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I played the first two (and the London expansion pack) - they were free to donwload from freeloader.com :)

They were alright, but I found that they got pretty dull after a while. Haven't played the third yet, but it looks great :).

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I liked 1 and 2, but am I the only one who's a bit disappointed with gta 3? I thought it had lost that simple arcade fun.. all of a sudden it isn't dead simple to drive, and all those sick things you could do to people that was fun in 2d is just disgusting in 3d... Picture for example the infamous russian hot dog mission from gta2 in full 3d... I just think it's a bit too serious now, whether it's the 3d or just the missions and the story...

4. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] GTA 3 is an awesome game. Simply amazing, from storyline to gameplay to setting. The details are fantastic, from people chatting and arguing in the streets to the commercials that play on the radio.

As for the excessive violence...nothing is quite so satisfying as a game that's point system is partially based on killing cops.

5. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Great games, but I got tired very fast :p.

6. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Great games, but i liked carmageddon better!

7. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I've played Gta 1 + London, and Gta2. I loved them all. Gta2 + London the best. Gta1 was too hard in my opinion because the cops were too tough and almost phcycic (is that how you spell it? i mean the one to read minds).

PS Gta2 - I :love: love :love: the stinger, the only car that can outrun a cop car (the speed of cop cars increases to match your speed if you didn't know)

8. total Guest

I have tried out the new GTA 3 and it's great! I have played GTA 1 only but i got tired of it after a while and in the 2nd i couldnt find anything new to get hooked again, so this 3rd is great to me with a lot of new funny stuff! I like the freedom!

9. DinoTiggy1 Guest

[​IMG] GTA 3, I haven't got it, but according to reviews, its amazing!

10. Turambar Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Just got GTA3 a couple of days ago and it rocks. Just the graphics make it worth while...

Just did a mission where you are to sink this ship, so I crawled onto a roof with a sniper rifle and covered this bomb guy while he did his stuff.

Man I love this game!!!:D

11. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] GTA3 is absolutely incredible.

12. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

GTA3 is the only one i've played but I loved it.

13. Ossy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've played all of them but i like the 3rd best, amazing graphics and gameplay.

14. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

Anyone have any ideas on what Grand Theft Auto: Vice City for PS2 will be like?

15. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

GTA 3 is totally awesome!!! Definitely liked the chatterbox radio in the radio options.

:spin:

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I believe Vice City is the add-on for 3 with two new islands. Comes out for the PC too!!

More news: The fourth in the GTA series is announced and will have Multiplayer!!!

:coffee:

17. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31

Multiplayer? How is that possible? It will surely be a big change.

18. Mister Rogue Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am a great fan of all 3 games, but it sux that motorbikes are not available on 2 & 3. They'd better be back in 4.... :mad:

Jah radio rules :hippy: :D

[ August 17, 2002, 12:26: Message edited by: Mister Rogue ]

19. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31

Vice City I believe is a separate game, actually, and is 80's themed. :confused:

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Actually Multiplayer was to be in GTA3 but at the last moment they moved that to GTA4.
    Why?? Money

Pffft :nolike: Capitalism!

:coffee:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.