1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Haer'dalis the better of the blades?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Anectine, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Anectine Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi guys,

Im taking a break from everquest and have decided on another baldurs gate run through. Im wanting to try some kits that I havent played before. Playing around with the character creation I made a blade. Comparing myself to haer'dalis after letting him join, I noted that he was specialized in both long swords and short swords. I could only be proficient in any weapon. Also after I leveled
    him up he has the same number of hit points at level 21 and my level 21 blade. His constitution is 9 and mine is 16. What gives?

Anectine

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Hare'dalis is differently proficient at different levels you recruit him. IIRC he can be at 3 different levels depending on your current level.

Also Hit die are random each time you level up and roll. Unless you have on minimum and one-above-minimum difficulty that is ofcourse. I guess you just didnt have any luck when leveling up :p

What I dont understand is how can haer'dalis get ** points in short sword as normaly any bard can only get one point into each weapon proficiency.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

When I play as a blade I can get two points, too. Its the skald and the jester that only can get one point.

4. Vedran Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Perhaps it is because of his tiefling blood?

5. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Think it's for the RPG-ness, because he dual-wields his Chaos and Entropy. It's like how Jan has flashy clothing.

6. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

IIRC, Rangers can't get high mastery in weapon proficiensies, but still Minsc wields his 2H Sword like a pro.

EDIT: My mistake. Checked that at home and Minsc only has those ** in 2H Sword. He just has that good THAC0 I was mistaken.

[ August 13, 2004, 09:07: Message edited by: Mayfairy ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.