1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Halloween costumes

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Laches, Oct 30, 2002.

1. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I love halloween, my favorite holiday. I want to know what costumes people are going with this year, or good ones you've seen.

This year, my costume was inspired by Turandil. I have an old suit I got at a Good Will and have pinned a bunch of play money to it. Then I found a pigs mask. And I'm..... you guessed it, a capitalist pig.

A good one I heard on the radio today. Just dress how you normally do. Then, take a raw potato(e) and hollow out a hole through it that you can run some twine through. Tie the potato(e) around your waist. Congratulations, you are now a dictator.

2. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Grim Reaper with a sword on his belt!

Padeen Dragonblade!

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Darth Vader, Boba/Jango Fett, Stormtrooper/Cloonetrooper.

Or my personal favorite: get yourself some Yoda ears.

:tie:

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Wildfire.
    Though how do I get that Axe to go along with the schooluniform.

Edit; Big B, whats a Cloonetrooper? George Clooney with a blaster?

[ October 30, 2002, 19:13: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

In Holland we don't have Halloween. In my opinion they should however, it seems like a great holiday.

[ October 30, 2002, 19:17: Message edited by: Silverblade ]

6. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

I am going to be the Grim Reaper with a scythe and a fake shotgun with the sticker "Don't Panic" in big, friendly letters on the scythe. Also, I will have a red glove on the hand with the Scythe.

7. Big B Gems: 27/31

Lol, darn typos. I don't think we want to be cloning George Clooney. I'll leave that one, it's funny.

8. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

No Halloween in Holland? I'm certain I've read that violates some section of the Geneva conventions, I'll have to check it out.

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I went to a party saturday night dressed as a jedi! It was cool, I had a replica of Darth Vader's light saber, a heavy brown cloak, and a khaki dyed karate uniform underneath! It went over pretty well...But I couldn't do the jedi mind trick on any of the women at the party :(

On halloween I'm dressing up as a viking...Just to have fun with the kiddies!!!

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Is kiddies your newest nick for women?

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't do the whole halloween crawl - though I think it is one of the most important celebrations throughout the year.

On hallows eve though I am going out with TeenyS:xx: and Frosty:cool: - we goin' to the movies!

If I did do the trick or treating though I'd probably wear black and scare the hell outta the little children doing 'scary eyes' and voice :evil: I can be very evil and very scary should the need arise :evil:

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Since I won't be dressing up for Halloween this year, :cry: I'll tell you what I was last year. I wasn't going to go trick or treating last year either, but g/f wanted me to go with her...so I decided to go as a kid pretending to be a superhero. I tied my mom's colinder to my head, cut a mask out of green paper, and I tied an old Superman beach towel around my neck. I soon found out that I shouldn't have gone...it was in the mid 30's (F) the night, and I almost got frostbite on my hands and feet.

This year I think I'll stick to eating candy from the bowl...I might scare the crap out of some kids that are getting too old to go trick or treating by running at them with a sharp katana and steal their bags of candy. :evil: It worked last year anyway... :rolling:

[ October 30, 2002, 21:38: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

13. Big B Gems: 27/31

Go see The Ring on Halloween.

Just don't plan on sleeping that night, :evil:

14. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

This year I'm being subtle. I'll wear my pyjamas and robe and be "not a morning person".

Last year was great. I found a smiling mask that is made up of lots and lots and LOTS of tiny happy faces. I'll try to get a pic up here. I wore that along with a smiley face vest and wondered around, telling every single person I saw to have a nice day. In dim light, and at a distance, it was hard to make out the faces, so I looked like someone whose head was made of boils. Ah, memories.

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

If you're an American, go grab a newspaper and flip to the comics section. Read today's Boondocks comic strip. I'm going to be the "Truth Man".

16. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Halloween has crept upon us here in Sweden as well and I cant say that I think it is a good thing. Not that I have anything against it in it self it is just that I am terrible conservative when it comes to holidays, I am not overly fond of Valentines Day or some other imported holidays. It took me centuries before I accepted the imported costum of christmas ;)

17. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Fashion designer or fashion model. Wear all my nice clothing. :grin:

18. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Apparently they don't have that newfound tradition of throwing eggs up where you live, Shadow Goddess.
    :p

19. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Apparently not. It just isn't very satisfactory to throw eggs, since most of my neighbourhood are new families with young kids, and old people, but all the teens that live around here go out partying, or come around at 11 to trash our pumpkins. Besides, I'm going to my friend's neighbourhood to trick or treat. 350 houses on the same street. Tell you in about 3 weeks if I develop 40 cavities.

20. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

:idea: Here's a couple for the people who need costumes:

sit in a chair on your doorstep as a scarecrow (or the like) while holding a bowl of candy. then when the kiddies come up and reach into the bowl, you jump out at them:hahaerr:

get a big button-down shirt and sew (or tape, glue, etc.) a little body on the back an' fill it with straw. Then get an ugly head, such as a mannequin head then paint it all gross and stuff;
    put the shirt on, button the top button, put the head under that on (make sure it's in front of your neck), secure it, button the rest, and you have a two-headed person! (those who watched America's Funniest Videos a few days ago know what i'm talking about)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.