1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hard to get

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by joacqin, Aug 23, 2004.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I ordered the pack with SoA and ToB more than a week ago and last Thursday I sent the company a mail asking where the heck my game was. Today I got an answer where they said that they did not have it in, that they had ordered more from their deliverer at the 2nd of August and still no games to see, they also offered me a refund. This greatly annoyed as I have a huge BG craving but it also spurred me to go out and see if the game was available somewhere else. Apparently it is not. I first checked amazon seeing as they should always have everything, nope, no SoA and no ToB. I then proceeded to check every *Swedish* game site I could find and it was a no show everywhere. Finally I found a site which had a few copies they had had on exhibition or something but they claimed they had them in stock. I ordered from there after I had called my local game store and asked them if they had it as I had been in there before my first order to ask for it and they said they did not have it but that they had ordered it, they still had not got it and they too had waited a long long time on their deliverer. It seems that SoA and ToB are out of stock atleast everywhere in Sweden and probably Europe and that new copies are extremely slow in the coming. Do anyone know the situation in the US and can it be that they are not making any more copies? If so it is rather odd.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Posts like these really tick me off... with all the advertising I do, you'd think at least people who have been here for over 3 years would know by now SP has a game store, and that you can get everything from there. But no...

http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/Store/index.php

Between ToB & IWD. Both C&B and Amazon.com have the combo. Cheap.

As for your other question, no, they aren't making any more copies. With Interplay dead, so is the support and any re-releasing of the games they published. Once the existing stock gets sold, there won't be any more unless Interplay comes back to life.

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I know you have a game store here Tal but I was under the impression that chips and bits were a purely North American thing and as I said I did check amazon out with the intention of buying through a link clicked here. True, I did not check the German one but I am not all that fluent in German and already have an account with the British one. SP was also down while I did all these things.

Oh, and I even checked chips and bits now and it seems it is out of stock there as well.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As I said in my post, both Amazon.com and C&B do have it. I don't know where you're looking, but if you go there via our game store, you'll see both stores have it in stock.

5. joacqin

Media:
    C&B said it was out of stock when I clicked on the link. :) Also they dont seem to ship outside the US or am I mistaken. amazon.co.uk did not have except as used and only then in a few copies and I am not keen on buying used goods from the UK.

6. Taluntain

Media:
    C&B ships all over the whole world, same as Amazon.com. And they still both have it, for pete's sake. What ARE you clicking?! Here, C&B and Amazon.com

Yes, the UK Amazon is out of stock, but I've never mentioned that one as an option.

Correction: The US Amazon doesn't ship computer games out of US. C&B does, however... though at a pretty steep postage. Your best bet is to find someone in the US who will order it for you via Amazon.com, and then have them ship it to you. Or just go with C&B.

7. joacqin

Media:
    Well seeing as I have already ordered it I will go with that. Have you clicked on the C&B link? It says out of stock to me. They dont stop you from ordering though.

My main point wasnt this argument though but that the game is starting to be hard to get your hands on and may soon be impossible to get. If no more copies are produced after interplays demise no one who havent already experienced the glory of the BG saga may never do so.

8. Taluntain

Media:
    Ok, this is very curious. I must have had that page in cache since last week when I was checking the links, because now what I've flushed it, it does show as out of stock. Sorry about the confusion. C&B generally do restock though.

As for getting copies of the game at least semi-widely available, yep, this is the final stretch. Once the current stock is sold, eBay and used copies on Amazon will be the only options left.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Not so! I remember placing brand new, factory sealed SoA and ToB games in a time capsole at my old high school in CA, that is planned on being opened on the first day of school in 2010...I plan on being there when they bust that thing open, I also taped my state ID to the two boxes, but by then it wouldn't look anything like me. :hahaerr:

So if you guys can wait about 6 years, I'll have a new copy of SoA and ToB, I'm thinking of selling them for $500 each! :money: :money: :money:

[Edit] If you are wondering why, as some would say, *wasted* two great games, my answer is, I didn't.
    I had a semi-new copy of my own, plus the backup copys I made for myself...just in case; and then my friend bought me the entire BG series for my birthday, so I figured I didn't need three copys of the games at that time... :rolling:

10. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

ebay is your friend.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I just bought Baldur's Gate II: The Collection from Trademe.co.nz (a New Zealand based auction site - no point in paying international postage if I can find it closer to home) for NZ$40. The bidding was quite fierce as it was the only copy for sale. I see that a copy of Planescape: Torment has just appeared on there today so I'll be bidding for that one too.

12. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Not if I can do anything about it Harbourboy! It's mine I sez'! Mine!

13. joacqin

Media:
    *CENSOR* Apparently the a-holes I ordered from yesterday didnt really have it in, they just liked to pretend they had. This is getting frustrating. Any other tips on where I can get my hands on a BG2 with expansion? Cause I gotdamn need!

I am having serious BG2 withdrawals and have had them for more than a month now. I need that freaking game!!!

[ August 24, 2004, 12:06: Message edited by: joacqin ]

14. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Don't intend on making you feel bad joacqin but I passed by Electronics Botique in New Zealand today and saw 3 of the SoA-ToB packs in the PC section for about $30 NZ ($14 American).

Seems over here you can't fart without hitting one.

15. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

16. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Joacqin, I just got myself a copy of the English version of BG2 & ToB from E-Bay, I was getting sick of the awful Spanish translation... you may find a copy ready for buying there for around £17.

Edit: spelling

17. joacqin

Media:
    I have been around my entire little city today. I found ToB alone for 30€+ which I found to be a bit too rough and I found SoA for Mac. The annoying thing is that it probably only is disc two I need and I am getting damn tempted to just have a friend rip it for me even though I really want it original.

Darkthrone, 33€ is a bit steep. I am damn tempted though. Apparently my UK Amazon login works on the German one, that is nice. Gah, I am one click away from ordering it here. 41€ with shipping. Hmm, is it possible to SPify a link so Tal dont whip me again? Just in case.

[ August 24, 2004, 16:24: Message edited by: joacqin ]

18. Taluntain

Media:
  19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Abomination - you still bidding on that copy of Planescape: Torment? The bidding is up to $26 now. You saw BGII SOA + TOB for $30!? I saw it on sale for $69.95!

20. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

jo, haven't you already played BG2 like a million times like almost everyone else in this forum? What happened to your copy?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.