1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Heart of Fury/Importing/Items

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Big B, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I am considering Heart of Fury. This will be my first Heart of Fury ever. Wohoo! Yes, I know I say that now. I'll probably be tearing my hair out soon.

Question, have they made IWDII where you can import your characters from the first go round (they range from levels 15-17) and they keep their items and gold? Or are items and gold flushed away and only stats and xp remain? If the game resets items and gold, what's the best way to manually "fix" this? DaleKeeper?

2. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Well I haven't tryed it on Iwd2 yet but on icewind dale1 it takes away all gold and quest items, but you keep all the other items. theres a cheap way to get gold also... what you do is export a character with an item that sells really high. Then give the item to another party member,make shure to give him also all the quest items ect., delete the character, then import him again. he should still have the high selling item. then give him back the item that sells high and he will have two then export him again. by repeating the prosses you should end up with a ton of that item. Go sell it and you should get alot of gold, but i dont think you can use your leading character because he holds the party gold and it might go away. I don't know about Dale Keeper though i woulden't worry to much about the gold

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Why the fuss exporting and importing to get more gold? Just use the cheat code of create items, it takes you to the same place, faster.

Unlike BG, in IWD2, it is not the first character who holds the gold. In fact, no one holds the gold. You may look them as a team, but computer look them as independent unrelated characters when all of them are exported.

So, right before you go to the roof-top to kill those diaplomats, exchange all you golds into items (like +5 arrows). Also, keep in mind that items in bags or cases will not be exported (as well as the bags and cases).

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] OK I successfully imported. I rearranged my inventory, keeping what I wanted from inside bags of holding, scroll cases, potion bags, and gem bags. For the most part I kept the good stuff and left what I could do without in Limbo.

$7,000 went down the drain though. I need a personal banker. But it's ok because I never sold my pearls, rogue stones, emeralds etc. So I'll get some instant cash in Targos with those. Plus I've got more good weapons than hands, so something's got to go.

*Scoffs - I thought this Heart of Fury stuff was supposed to be hard. :p I downed the first group of five goblins without batting an eyelash. No magic either, just straight melee. Yeah, yeah. It's going to get worse.

It better. :evil:

5. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

lol, i know just how u feel. i imported a solo sorcerer that i finished the game with (lv. 24), and started a new game with HoF on, and it was easy. but, i had to take back my words, because it gets MUCH harder.

6. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

*Wants his IWD2 Disk back..* I leveled up my sorcerer to lvl 29, (He still hasn't made it ALL the way through the game..)

I Wanna take him to HoF.. V_V DAMNIT! My friend needs to gimme dat back.. NOWWW

7. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

burn it for him?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] That would be illegal, and discussing it is against the forum rules. I suggest you go read them ASAP.

9. Plague Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] If you import characters they will lose only the bags of holding, gem bags or potion cases and any item that belongs to a specific quest. :cool:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.