1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

help - leaving the asylum

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gabriel, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Gabriel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I want to change my mind about having Saemon teleport me out of the asylum, I said no to him and he left. Is there any way to use shadow keeper (change the global variables) to get him back so I can change my mind. If not, does anyone know do I miss anything by going into the underdark directly from the asylum. Thanks.

2. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Reload if you can. If you go directly to the Underdark, you miss out on the City of Caverns of Sahuagin.

You miss part of the Wave Halberd and some Robe that is best you don't have considering how powerful it is. It would make the game so dull and boring for you that it is best you go right to the Underdark. I mean, do you want someone in your party to be totally immune to spells directed at them and then have those spells bounce back to the caster? What fun is that right!

On your way to the Underdark is what I say!

Syl...

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ah, well, of course the great Grub would need no such item ;) But I say reload and go back to the Sanguin City. It's an interesting fight on the boat, and while the city quest isn't very good at all, it is something you don't want to miss. You can also get part of the silver sword(chich incidently I lost in the Underdark-friggin Underdark!!) which is a very nice item judging from the description. The cloak of mirrors is also cool(don't get me started on how you obtain it). And I don't see how it makes the game any less fun unless you choose to play in such a way. Unless you purpously use it to such an advantage, it is otherwise just a very helpfull item.

4. Cloud_Fav Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

How do you get the part of the 'Wave Halberd' from the City-Of-Caverns ?

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The part of the wave blade can be found on the Prince.

If you opt to go the route for the King and kill the rebel leader, you will find the wave blade.

If you opt to go the route of the rebels and kill the king, you won't get it because the Prince will still be alive.

If you're a Monk, you might want to kill the Prince because you get a nice pair of gloves that do some wick damage during unarmed combat.

You can though, help the rebels (which gives you more experience anyhow) and then kill the Prince before you leave or pick pocket him for the items.

I don't think the Cloak of Mirrors is helpful. It's one of those items that seriously unbalance the game. Using that and the shield that reflects beholder attacks, you're laughing all the way to the end of the game without much of a scratch unless it's from hard nosed battles!

Mind you, it is good to have...just incase :D

Syl...

6. Sorl Guest

Does:
    "Unless you purpously use it to such an advantage"
    mean unless you wear it??
    How do you use it correctly??

I bravely left it behind, and I'm byting my butt ever since, because I had to give away a lot of HPs to beholders. I smiled all the way through, knowing I'm one of the select cool heroes. (But I shure don't want to turn into a second Syl and put my hand on a long-sword, exchange my robes for an armor or do other hilarious and cowardly things).

May magic prevail forever over good, evil and the rest!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.