1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with Chromic demon!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Toot33, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Toot33 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] HELP...
    I have tried everything I can think of to defeat the chromic demon on the second level, but he still wipes my behind everytime. I realize you can only damage him when he is inthe ice incarnation, but even then he stays in that state long enoug for 1 maybe 2 flame strikes and fire arrows etc. I have tried lowering his resistance to magic and nothing seems to work. Any form of help would be greatly appreciated
    Thank in advance,
    Toot33
    Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me a third time and I begin to wonder about natural selection.

2. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

dont free him until he changes into his ice elemental form, then he will be vulnerable to fire, there is a wand of the heavens around, that should give you plenty of burning :D

btw, he normally stays in his ice incarnation

[This message has been edited by kevlar0101 (edited June 24, 2001).]

3. Balmung Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

He can be hurt in the other incarnations, but he takes more damage from what I saw while he was in the ice form. One thing I found was that if you wait until he is in a form OTHER THAN ice he is too big to move all the way around his cage. When he is in one of the other forms, ie. demon, use one of your characters to lure him around behind the cage (counterclockwise, but I suppose it would work the other way). As you dodge out the other side just stand there and he will try to come after you (kind of like the big golems trying to squeeze through a door way). Keep his attention while everyone else shoots at him with ranged weapons such as bullets +4 and arrows +3. I was able to swat at him with Carsomyr and he couldn't touch me. When he changes to ice you'll have to run away because he can now squeeze through the small space. It shouldn't take too long to take care of him after that. I had Anomen throw down a lot of damage with flame strike when he was in his ice incarnation, but he would never stay long enough to kill him with multiple strikes.

4. Toot33 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Does any one know roughly how many hit points he has?

5. Balmung Gems: 2/31

At a guess I'd say around 150.

6. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I must have been lucky, cause when I fought him, he was in ice golem form right away and two flame arrows and a flamestrike did him in. I was surprised at how easy he seemed.

7. Balmung Gems: 2/31

Maybe it's far less than 150, but he had an annoying habit of healing himself.

8. Pyrion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

140 HP. Base AC is -5, Saving Throws are all 2, THAC0 of -5, # of attacks 4. It has 95% resistance to slashing, crushing, piercing, and missile damage.

9. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

i dont know what all the fuss over him is about; i thought he was pretty easy. He was in slime monster form the entire time i fought him. My group consisted of my paladin with carsomyr at 21st lvl (thaco -10), anomen with crom faeyr (grand mastered) at 27th lvl (thaco -9), valygar dual wielding crazy thaco and ac reducing +4 long sword (forgot name) and celestial fury (thacos -6,-1), and mazzy high mastered with the vorpal sword. I then proceded to kick the crap outta him and he fell in no time

10. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

in every form he is weak to a specific element:

demon form : ice
    ice elemental : fire
    air elemental : poison
    green earth elemental : lightning

you should have figured it out from reading the notes ;)

11. Pyrion Gems: 3/31

He (like everything else in this game) is still tough as hell to kill as a solo mage. Heh.

12. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Just curious, how the hell can you play the game as a solo mage? I had a hard enough time trying to get 3 mages to do anything remotely effective so booted them all out cept aeire for the romance plot. Lots of summoning? Or lots of blowing s*** up?

13. Pyrion Gems: 3/31

Salvage the stuff from baddies you kill, get gold from them, and buy a LOT of potions and scrolls. Boots of Speed with the Sling helps out a lot as well.

14. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] i must of just been lucky, cause he was in his air elemental form(and no poison weapons in sight... huh)so i was just taking off 1 hp for every hit(even sarevoks deathbringer assalt only did 100). But he got scared for some reason in the middle of the fight and i had to lock him in one of the rooms so that i could keep up with him and corner him. I think i lost about 20 hp in the whole fight.

15. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Use the celestial fury. I was so disappointed when i stunned him of the second hit and then kept on stunning him. I was expecting something more challenging.

16. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

i thought so also

17. shadow_thief Guest

Yes, I did not think he would be that challenging but he was actually hard to kill, though he did not hit me enough. In my dialogue after killing, my monk did about 30 damage to him while everyone was doing 10.

18. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

I think he is more of a pain in the *ss than any thing just because of his rediculous weapons resistances.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.