1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Help with the Chamber of Sorcery

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by trollslayer69, Jun 5, 2003.

1. trollslayer69 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i'm in the eight chambers of the monestary {chamber of sorcery} and do NOT have adv. invisibility to help me get through this room as i was told about before. does anyone know of were i can go from here to get that spell or of another way to pass this room w/o starting over??? thanks in advance

[ June 05, 2003, 20:15: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Invisibility is certainly not a requirement for the Chamber of Sorcery. Some sort of protection from lightning or high Evasion skills help but the main thing is to get to the glowing symbol before the lightning strikes.

3. VincentCKH Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] My way of passing through all of the 8 chambers is weird but it worked for me. I passed through all of the 8 chambers with my cleric. I had her memorize 4 Animate Dead and 1 Summon Monster spells. At the beginning of each chamber i will cast the Summon Monster and once the monks are busy dealing with the summoned monster i proceed to summoning the 4 undeads. Then i let my undead finish off the monks. I did the same for the chamber of sorcery.

4. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

well i think there is an easy way to get through this : everytime the lightnings strike down and the two monks respawn there will raise one of the blue plates. if you stand on this one you will be immune to lightning. as you know the monks cast lightning everytime they respawn so you may have to change your position to another plate.

5. VincentCKH Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Yes there is an easier way through the Chamber of Sorcery. You can always solve the puzzle the way they want you to do it. That works too. But I prefer to play differently. :D

6. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    It really depends on what kind of characters you have. I actually found all the chambers relatively easy, because I have a Fighter/Rogue that dual-wields longswords. I only had to switch to my Sorcerer for the spider one. Anyway, back on topic, try to cast/use a scroll of Protection from Lighting on your combatant.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.