1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hmmmm I Wonder where those Dragons are

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by dragon903, Jun 25, 2001.

1. dragon903 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Im looking for Dragons
    I Really Think Dragons are cool
    but i cant find one
    Where are they at

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There are 5 of them, and you have to run in to 3 of them, so just be patient.

3. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] note you only have to fight 2 of them because ones really nice.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Actually you don't have to fight any of them.

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

spoiler

There's one right above (albeit not too ferocious) :p

But seriously - the 5 dragons are:

Shadow - Temple ruins near Umar Hills
    Red - Windspear Hills
    Silver - Underdark
    Black - Suldanesselar
    Brown/Green/Some murky colour - Hell

You can reach the first two in Chapters 2,3 or 6
    The 3rd one is found in chapter 5 and 6
    The 4th one is in chapter 7, as is the last one.

And BTA - You have to fight the one in Suldanesselar don't you? I don't think you can pick pocket it.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited June 25, 2001).]

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Wildfire, no.

You can bribe it, MUWAHAHAHAHA.

Edit: BTA - the time: MUWAHAHAHAHA! Err, no equipment - just some cash (all of it).

Edit2: Yes, the bastard takes items too. But as you said - drop'em. And to even start the bribing dialog you need to posess at least 30.000 cp.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited June 25, 2001).]

7. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    *** SPOILER ***
    You can talk it into giving the cup to you for all of your gold and equipment. I never tried that option personally, but I have been told that it indeed will give you the cup if you part with all of your stuff...

[EDIT]
    Well, Extremist, my understanding is all of the stuff you have on you is taken, so you can drop all your stuff if you just want to part with your cash only... :)

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited June 25, 2001).]

8. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Why giving up the cool items and the cash, too. KILL THE EVIL WIRM!

9. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

You definitely can bribe the black dragon. I tried it, lost all my stuff, felt embarrassed, reloaded and killed it.

10. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Killed it! *sob* The poor thing. I avoid violence.

11. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Avoiding violence? Minsc and Boo would call it it dispensing justice. No evil dragon must live.
    As for looking for dragons, I like how there are the bigs holes in the ground in the Temple Ruins and Windspear Hills. At least they took the time to think how a dragon would get inside a place. *I know Firkraag can shapechange into a human but apparently he likes to have a quick get-away set up.

12. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Yep, I killed the evil ba$tard. I forgot that there even was a bribe involved. Brings back fond memories of when I was a Sorcerers place newbie, before cheating and tactics had been over-analyzed. In memory of the occasion I dug up my second post I ever made. It's an actual account of my meeting with the Black Wyrm! (If anyone is interested)
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000880.html

13. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Why give up all of your hard earned, definately essential, magic items and money?
    All for one item, which as essential as it may be, isn't worth all you items when you can kill it for the exp as well.

14. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

How do you avoid fighting the Dragon in hell and get the Bhaal Tear? I must of just rushed the dialoge and killed the dragon. I killed it in the first try pretty easily with no monster summons . heh my monk rox my sox!

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Don't skip the dialog - it may be that you skipped something important.

Anyway, you just ask the demon why you should kill the monster, what kind of monster is there anyway and then you conclude you won't kill the dragon just because it stands in your way. I hope you haven't killed all game nonhosile characters just because you suddenly felt you should do it.

16. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The green dragon in Hell isn't worth killing.
    Besides, if you kill it, your alignment will be changed to evil, if you aren't already evil.
    I usually play good aligned characters, so I let that dragon live.

I also spare Adalon's life(she's quite powerful)

But Firkraag, the black dragon and the shadow dragon falls always!

17. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

As a (good-aligned) Ranger I didn't spare Adalon's life - I treated her as a friend and ally, so the question of whether to kill her never arose. :)

[This message has been edited by Maldir (edited June 27, 2001).]

18. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Semi spolier
    when i killed the dragon in hell, and the genie with blackrazor. my alignment stayed the same - chaotic good - whats up with that?

19. dragon903 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I Have found the shadow dragon!. This Dragon is tough as a Lich.How do i defeat the Dragon and what is my Reward for defeating it

20. zero Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I kill him with 3 fighters (minsc, kalderon and mine cavalier)and 3 with ranged weapons.
    jaheira kils him with sling (critical hit)
    I use just one spell (kalderon's dispel magic)
    And noone dies :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.