1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HoF pickpocketing

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by ratwhowouldbeking, Sep 26, 2006.

1. ratwhowouldbeking Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Is it physically possible to pickpocket on HoF mode? Seriously, it was frustrating trying to on normal, but HoF is just impossible. I have maxed Pickpocket skill, +7 DEX mod, Luck of Tymora, and quaffed a Potion of Master Thievery, and I still can't get ANYTHING but a Failure.

I ask because I wanted to get the Black Raven key without killing the monks or doing the freaking irritating Chambers.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Lord FOX Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

It´s not the answer that you need,I also NEVER steal anything in HoF, but is you need any help trough the eight chambers without sweating(much), just let me know.
    I´ve just completed the chamber of inmolation with my sorcerer,and with absolutely NO summon in the entire game(so far).

3. ratwhowouldbeking Gems: 1/31

That could help me out too. I've never attempted it on HoF, this is my first time through the mode, but I know how much I hate it on normal every time I play through, so I thought "to hell with it". If you have tips for it, that would be helpful...

My party:
    Drow Paladin
    Shield Dwarf Monk
    Moon Elf Cleric of Ilmater
    Half-Orc Druid
    Strongheart Halfling Bard 15/Rogue 8
    Human Sorceress

4. Da Rock Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Do you know about Ned's Lucky Knucky? ratwhowouldbeking is fortunate to get the Tymora's Loop ring (a random drop), but if you never see the ring, a quick pickpocket will get you old Ned's Amulet, which does a similar job...

Like the EoU component that bypasses the battle square, they should have done one for the annoying 8 chambers too (modders - you know what to do!)

5. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

So does Tymora's Loop actually help with Pickpocketing?

6. Da Rock Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Tymora's Loop gives +3 Luck - Luck helps with EVERYTHING!

Well, almost - it tips the dice rolls in your favour (Tymora's Loop will cause 4-6 damage for a short sword, instead of 1-6, for example). When I say it helps with dice rolls - this includes skill checks (which will obviously include Pickpocketing).

And these items stack with the Luck spell and Bard Song - meaning these and 2 Tymora's Loop rings AND Ned's Lucky Knucky will cause quite a rash of good fortune on your part!
    What I wouldn't give for these items and a weekend in Las Vegas...

7. ratwhowouldbeking Gems: 1/31

I ended up not having nearly the trouble with the Eight Chambers as I thought I would. Would still love to be able to actually USE my pickpocket skill, though. Would be lovely if it had been more than completely useless in this game.

I know about Ned's Lucky Knucky. I tried to pickpocket for it and couldn't. So there.

I have Tymora's Melody. It isn't enough to effect anything in any real way.

8. Fly2tHeSkY

Trust me though, luck DOES affect the game and depending on how you exploit it, it can have a very large impact on the game. Just try wearing 2 Tymora's Loop rings and then see what I mean. It's funny how many critical hits you can score in one round huh ...

9. Windrunner Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I managed to pickpocket Ned's Lucky Knucky by waiting until I was ready to leave Targos (via Oswald's Flying Contraption of Doom), and then dominating the guy who owned it and trying Pickpocketing for what was probably 100 times. I got gold and a dagger first before finally getting the Knucky.

I guess Domination + intense pickpocketing will work in those cases where you're going to leave a place and never come back (since they'll be hostile next time you see them, no?)

10. Fly2tHeSkY

I actually don't know whether they will turn hostile after the spell effect wears off ...

I don't think they would because they would be friendly but yeah. Does anyone know about this?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.