1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

HOTU Dracolich in Cult Temple...

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Largon Thunderhorn, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Largon Thunderhorn Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

How are you supposed to beat this guy. I am a level 20 Bard (I know, but I've never played a bard for any length of time). He wipes out me and my companions in no time. Well, I can get him barely injured, anyway. I have already destroyed his phylactery.

2. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] You need to reach his phylancracy and smash it to kill him. There's a secret passage in the north wall to it and a passage to it. Beware, he doesn't leave it unguarded, but if you've a henceman or a pet keeping him busy he shouldn't follow you himself.

3. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I have never been able to beat this sucker, so I usually do the four other "Valsharess's Allies" quests (you only have to do four out of the five available).

4. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I never had too much trouble with him. First time through, my Bard/Arcane Archer/RDD just shot him full of holes until he stopped respawning (found the phylactery after the battle, d'oh!). Next time, my Monk/Rogue just beat feet over to the phylactery, smashed it, then smashed the draco.

Who do you have along for the ride? I took Deekin and one of the drow as henchmen. It seems like I used some sort of magic staff/rod/wand at some point in each battle as well, but nothing exceptional.

Good luck!

P.S. - He has a stereotypical dragon's hoard for treasure, so is definitely worth taking out. It's very cool seeing piles and piles of treasure. :D

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You smash the phylactery and he dies? Doh! I've been through that part of the game twice and always thought you had to kill him first *then* smash the phylactery.

...goes off to sulk...

6. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

No, if you smash the phylactery it keeps him from respawning into new dragon bodies after you kill him.

@Largon, did you try arming the imprisoned angel with her mace and taking her along for the fight?

7. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] I cpould never get her accept that, how'd you get her to take it?

8. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

When you rescue her, you can get the chance to ask her to help you confront Vixthra. At that point she'll become one of your henchmen, and you can simply equip the mace on her.

9. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

AH, I always sent her off to help the Drow defence out. Still I have to play through it again since nasty things happened in my local vault so next time :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.