1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How am I supposed to upgrade items from SOA?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by boopboopboop, Apr 17, 2004.

1. boopboopboop Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

when I left them in SoA. I mean...it seems pretty damn stupid that you have to take EVERYTHING with you when you beat Irenicus in hell.

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's actually quite reasonable. You move from Hell to Suldanesselar and thence to Saradush, taking whatever you have on you or with you.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Bag of Holding?

4. boopboopboop Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

yeah but you dont KNOW you're going to need to have those items on you. Why can't you go back to Athkatla? I just don't like how they did it, it's more of a separate game than it is an expansion.

5. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Leave everything in a chest in Watchers Keep.

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    I do agree it would be pretty good if you could go back to Amn. In fact, I'd love a Bg type game where you just had a free reign to go wherever you want! Neverwinter, Baldurs Gate, Amn, Waterdeep etc. etc.

Would be pretty cool :D :cool:

7. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

..and perhaps a little sizy ? :p

8. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I agree it would be nice to be able to visit the SOA portion of the game once you're in TOB. Then again, it'd be even better to be able to play through some parts of TOB (not just Watcher's Keep) before you finish SOA.

Maybe some modder will sort this out one day.

9. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

We talked about it. There's some serious technical hurdles that need to be sorted out before this can be done.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    Maybe it's worth talking about it some more and you modders really clubbing your heads together and trying to think of a way to make this thing work.

It would probably be the most called for mod around!

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Perhaps, but even so, look at a map of the Forgotten Realms. We'd have to add a month onto your travel time to make the one way trip to Athkatla from Saradush.

It's probably fair to conclude anyway that the items that you don't have on your characters (using) won't be used by you after the upgrade, so what's the point?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.