1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did you decide what you wanted as your SN?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Drathir Darthirii, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] SN (or screen name), BTW. Why d'ya choose what you've got?

I chose mine 'cus I like Elves, I like Moon Elves and there's a character on BG for the Playstation 2 called Adrianna who's a Moon Elf and she ROCKS! :D

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

The name of my favorite character of all time. He was a Rakshasa bard going it solo (just me and the DM) in a Spelljammer campaign.
    I like cats. :grin:

3. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

[​IMG] I started using this name around the net after reading Salman Rushdie, "the satanic verses" or whatever it's called in english. I think it's plain Arabic for Satan :evil:

4. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, I liked, and still like, Dwarwes. And so I picked a name that sounded like dwarwish one. Simple as that, no big secrets.

5. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    Well I dislike religion, so i picked "theGodless" as a SN a while back

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My initials. Been using them in lowercase ever since my mainframe days back in the late '70's and see no reason to change.

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Well, "The Magpie" comes from playing co-op Halo on the Xbox with my mates. Following a pitch battle with Flood on the Library level, my buddy went charging on without me and died. When he respawned, he wanted to know why I hadn't been charging with him, and found me in a far-flung corner of the level searching through corpses for any spare grenades, as I'd earlier run out.

From then on, "The Magpie" was born, renowned for his love of rooting through carrion in search of shiny ones. :D

8. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I've been called Shell ever since I was small, so it stuck. It's short for Michelle :)

9. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Barmy Army! *clap clap*

Come on England!!

Keep the faith.

10. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

There was an old boardgame adaptation of the Fighting Fantasy book game years ago, the Warlock of the Firetop Mountain. One of the treasures was a nice chunk of roast. To this day I don't know whether it was a botched translation or as it was supposed to be, but in the Finnish version it was titled "susipaisti", roast wolf. I always thought it was hilarious.

However I've no idea why it popped into my mind when registering here. I guess I liked the idea of it being a private joke that's complete gibberish to most. A lot of people spell it wrong, though...what is so hard about using cut and paste... :shake:

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Name of a parochial school that was the arch-nemisis of my home school's b-ball team. I use it as an off instead of my other nom-de-plume.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Mine was a misspelled version of the black spider figurine from BG2, anyway, I decided to keep Kitrax because I knew it was original, and I liked how it looked better than the correct spelling of the spider figure... :rolleyes:

Yay for misspelled words! :smash:

Ever since, 'Kitrax' has been my SN for almost everything. My old one that I'm slowly phasing out was taken from the first part of my main email address, which is buzz142010...and is a total b**ch to give out because no one can get it right. :rolleyes: kitrax@whatever.com is much easier. :thumb: :rolling:

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Now that is the most classic thing I have heard today. I nearly wore out my copy of that book by playing it so much. Brilliant, especially how they somehow managed to implement a very convincing maze into one part of the book that was devilishly difficult to get out of.

But I'm drifting off-topic. My name comes from my local rugby team, being North Harbour.

14. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

The first have is part of my name, the second part from my favorite element (Can you guess what it is? :hmm: ) :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Once, a verrry long time ago there was a character I created. A totoal ripodff of Raistlin Majere. named Arabel Rayt. (her twin was Mirabel, yay for orinigality, not..) and guess what? I typoed. It became Arabwel. And when I on a whim took it as a SN on yahoo, I found myself muchly stuck with it along the line.

These days, everyone calls me Ara. :D

16. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I originally was called "Chewbaka the Monkey"....for no other reason than I'd just watched Star Wars and I like monkeys I guess :p

When I changed to Dave the Magic Turtle it was because I came up with it one day...don't remember how, or why, I just did. I like the name Dave even though its not my name :D

Yeah....I actually have no reason for my name, just something I came up with randomly whilst my mind wandered...I scare myself sometimes...

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I drove an RC rally car while pregnant with my first son. "Rallymama" became my handle at the track. Anymore, I'm just Rally.

18. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Might as well make my contribution...

My first name here was Ichor and it came from my bgII character, berserker/thief. (yay for originality also!) Originally I used that as a name a lot when playing nethack a lot with a thief. That was a long time ago...

Then I swapped my SN to Iku-Turso, this thing-fish from Kalevala, trying to make it more original and also because it's a silly SN to use, especially if you're finnish. And if you're going to take a name from finnish mythology, then it would be kind of boring to take the name of a hero, like Väinämöinen or Ilmarinen or Joukahainen or the like. No heroics here, thank you very much, just something fishy.

19. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Once a long time ago I was heavily into star wars. I was playing mysteries of the sith and there was a bad guy called Takara. So I liked it and used that name for everything on the net. Only much later I found out it was also a Japanese girls name. Never struck me at the time the star wars bad guy might be female. But since I've been Takara for such a long time, I don't plan on being anything other.

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Once upon a time or maybe twice there was this little fellow named Dungeon_Master as he was well a D&D Dungeon Master. But he was sick of being always called DM or Dungie or any other false names. He searched for a new name. He spoke of this with his friend. This fellow and his friend came to the conclusion that the people of Québec are pretty much like Asterix's Gaul. A bunch of irreducible french spaker in an ocean of english speaker. The fellow liked this, alas there was one thing that bothered him.

« Obelix isn't very much Québec-like» Said the fellow

« Yes, 'tis true » replied his friends

« Then why not Ofelix? In honnour of the great musician Felix Leclerc? » said the fellow

« Fantastic! » replied his friend

Ok cut the crap, ;P This is pretty much the reason behing Ofelix ;) Oh and people call me Fel or Flix, but that isn't my name.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.