1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How does one acquire friends on this forum?

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Laura T. Brooks, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Laura T. Brooks Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

:wave:

Dear Friends,

How does one acquire friends on this forum? I'm a bookworm who likes saving cats (we now have 6). I love The Tudors, The X-Files. I can't wait for the fourth season of The Tudors. Currently, my favorite programs are CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds. I love going to movies. My hubby and I have been married for 36 years.

I'm always glad to chat. Hope to hear from you. And again, thank you so much for responding to my query about the missing Sci/fi Fantasy book on the Book Forum

Most Sincerely,
    Laura

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Participate in the various boards, go to the chats (I've never been to them, but others here could tell you the best times to go). The way to get friends is to post and let people get to know you.

3. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Random babbling threads in whatnots is a good place to post. Like T2 said just participating in the discussion is a good start. Then there are various social groups for different kinds of interests where one might also find similar minded people (I seem to remember there's one for catowners too which might suit you).

Oh and watch out for Splunge, he's creepy and smells funny. :mommy:

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Don't be afraid to post in various forums here as that is probably the quickest way to go about getting to know people (and vice versa). The Whatnots and Sensorium forums are two where it's the easiest to post casually, so they're a good start.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm willing to be anyone's friend for the low, low price of $100 US. But if you apply now, and convince someone else to request my friendship as well, I'll reduce the price to $50. That's right! - two friends for the price of one! But act soon - this limited-time offer can end without notice. So click Splunge/View Public Profile/Befriend Splunge now! That’s Splunge/View Public Profile/Befriend Splunge. Splunge/View Public Profile/Befriend Splunge. Click now!

:p

Oh, and don't listen to Morgoroth. I'm the most valued member at SP. If you don't believe me, just ask anyone here (except, of course, for those who would disagree).

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...you were warned....

:D

7. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Welcome to SP! Don't let T2 and Morgoroth scare you away, we're generally a friendly bunch. Even Splunge :D

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

And always remember Tal is the head-honcho at SP, so treat him accordingly....

(chanting)
    bow to Tal...
    bow to Tal...
    bow to Tal...

and voila, your rep is increased!:D

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Welcome! :wave:

10. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hi darling

I'm going for the title of poshest drunk on here so I'll be your friend!! :lol:

We're all fab darling so get posting and show us who you are and how fabulous YOU are. We're quite friendly really xxx

11. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Welcome, Laura. Ohio! I used to live there (only for a few years). :)

12. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Just in case Laura was asking a different question then what everyone else asked. Here is how to make someone on the BOM a friend.

1. You need to click on their name which should open up a little menu and then choose "View Public Profile"
    2. On the right there will be a box labelled "Friends" and there should be a link to "Befriend that person" Click it.
    3. I think the other person has to approve you as a friend and then you should be all set.

By the way, welcome to the boards.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Snook, ever the gentleman! Welcome, Laura, to our little corner of the Web. If you want to impress people with your fire and dedication to an idea of some sort, post in the Alleys -- you might make friends, you might make enemies, it's a real roll of the dice, but a lot of us here like to do just that -- roll the dice!

But if you are a gentler soul, then I'd stick with the previous advice you got and post in Whatnots and the Sensorium. Either way, we are a generally friendly bunch, even if we have WAY too many lawyers here! :p

The Great Snook likes this.
  14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Snook, I believe that's exactly what I told her to do (except you missed out on the fee part).

Anyway, the response to my offer has been so overwhelming that, for the first six people who sign up in the next four hours, I am going to give them - at absolutely no additional cost - a Splunge reputation bump, complete with a personalized witty comment. Imagine the hours of enjoyment you can get from basking in the glory of your very own Splunge witticism. So act now to avoid disappointment. Click Splunge/View Public Profile/Befriend Splunge. Operators are standing by.

:p

16. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Yes, welcome Laura. I love Ohio, I have driven through it about 30 times in the last few years, traveling from Philadelphia to Illinois and back. I think I have stayed at every Holiday Inn off of route 80. No wonder I'm so smart!:p

17. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I may regret this, but I sent Splunge a friend request :)

18. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Are you THAT desperate for rep points hun? :lol:

The Great Snook likes this.
  19. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Actually, I was more curious about the witty remark. Of course I conveniently forgot to pay him :D

Splunge likes this.
  20. Splunge

Media:
    Well, it's against my better judgement, but since you're a fellow accountant (and therefore extremely trustworthy), I'll accept your request and assume the cheque is in the mail. No rep until the cheque clears, though! :nono:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.