1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How is this game IF ...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Beren, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member Member of the Week Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, I've been keeping on eye on this board to get the scoop on TofEE before deciding whether to buy it.

Wow do the opinions ever divide sharply. What really seems to stick in the craw of many is bugginess (deja vu PofR?). An official patch doesn't seem to be coming anytime soon.

In the meantime, I've heard of a Circle of Eight patch.

So ... for those of you playing with the unofficial patch, is the game worth playing with that patch installed?

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] The official patch is due any day now.

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    The Co8 patch clears up a lot and makes it better to play...Those guys were quick! But it's true, the "OFFICIAL" patch should be out soon. But I'm in no hurry for it...I'd rather them get it right the first time than release yet another unfinished work.

4. immortal1 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

yeah, the patch should be here soon, and I think they were aware of many of the problems very soon after the release, so hopefully they took their time and got to most of them on the official. I have faith in the guys, now that we know the patch is coming...

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I can't keep track of which feats don't work, and which ones do. Like, Great Cleave and Greater Weapon Focus and Greater Spell Penetration don't work, but then, something about taking Dodge and Improved Initiative, or something. At least the "I spent my reward on Ale and Whores" feat still works.

Anyways, I dunno when the patch is due out. If you can keep track (or hunt down a list) of stuff that you *absolutely* don't want to do right now, it's not a bad dungeon crawl. I have problems with the game loading with anything above 800x600; I can change it in-game config, but I have to edit a script back to 8x6 whenever I exit. I couldn't (or maybe, just didn't want to) figure out how to install the Co8 patch, so I've not even bothered with it. I think I got a little tiny bit sidetracked with the custom portrait and just never got back to the patch.

Somewhere between the Icewind and Siege of Dungeons. Chop, chop.

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

A bit :yot: but it really bothers me...
    The mouse is slow !
    And i dont know where to set its speed, if it can be done at all.

*trots off, looking for Co8patch*

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, I'm not real happy with the interface, either. Aside from Infinity (not really "ideal", but "streamlined"), I'd say Dungeon Siege's interface was a little smoother. There's a lot of really common stuff that ends up being a chore; moreso than lends to the story or gameplay.

At the very least, with all the graphic glitches, I'd say a "loot all" key is definately warranted. Also, "kill all beers in sight, even the juvenile ones" would help...

8. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It has some great fixes. NPC looting is one of the best fixes. NPC's only take coins, no items. Also fog of war is removed from certain areas ( only towns) which is pretty cool. Those are two of my favorites. I say go for it. Check their website for a full list of the fixes. I just don't know what I'm gonna do when the official patch comes out. I'm torn man....torn.

@Gothmog4230

You can adjust the mouse speed under the Options or Game options. I'm not at home so can't look right now and tell you exactly, but I know its there. Just don't set it to 5, the highest. That's bugged. Set to 4, that should do the trick.

9. Gothmog

Nope...there's just scroll speed which doesnt affect the mouse one bit. :cry:

10. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

There was someone else who had this problem.... Hold on....

Edit, *does quick search*

Ha! I knew it, 'twas Yerril!

I tried to help him, but of course made no sense as I thought that he was talking about the scroll speed too, he's probably got my name up on a dart board somewhere :) But anyway, perhaps it is something you both have in common.

What mouse do you have? what graphics card? Perhaps the two of you could share all your system specs and narrow down the list a bit.

Hopefully this will all be addressed in the patch, but you never know.

11. Rogue Rasta Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

12. Gothmog

Thanks Thorongil... *shakes head* but it doesnt work for me. :( I'll be buying Logitech mx500 soon anyway, so hopefuly it will work there. Oh, BTW i dont think graphic card affects anything... I've just got Radeon9100 instead of my old GF3 ti200 (for free :D ) and it didnt make any difference.

For anyone else that is bothered by you're lazy mouses though, here's the solution (just hope it works) ;)

1: Get this program
    Mouseware
    Under "motion"(where you select the speed of your mouse), untick the button that disables your setting in games.
    Hopefuly it should work... if not..

2: You might want to try this too
    advanced setting for Mouseware
    Though it didnt work for me either, so it might not for you as well. Worth a try though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.