1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How to identify where a driver is from ?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Pac man, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

One hand on wheel, one hand on horn: New York

One hand on wheel, one finger out window: Chicago

One hand on wheel, one hand on newspaper, foot solidly on accelerator: Boston

One hand on wheel, cradling cell phone, brick on accelerator: California *with gun in lap: L.A.

Both hands on wheel, eyes shut, both feet on brake, quivering in terror: Ohio, but driving in California.

Both hands in air, gesturing, both feet on accelerator, head turned to talk to someone in back seat: Italy

One hand on latte, one knee on wheel, cradling cell phone, foot on brake, mind on game: Seattle

One hand on wheel, one hand on hunting rifle, alternating between both feet being on the accelerator and both on the brake, throwing a McDonalds bag out the window: Texas city male

One hand on wheel, one hand hanging out the window, keeping speed steadily at 70 mph, driving down the center of the road unless coming around a blind curve, in which case they are on the left side of the road: Texas country male

One hand constantly refocusing the rear-view mirror to show different angles of the BIG hair, one hand going between mousse, brush, and rat-tail to keep the helmet hair going, both feet on the accelerator, poodle steering the car, chrome .38 revolver with mother of pearl inlaid handle in the glove compartment: Texas female

Both hands on steering wheel in a relaxed posture, eyes constantly checking the rear-view mirror to watch for visible emissions from their own or another's car: Colorado

One hand on steering wheel, yelling obscenities, the other hand waving gun out the window and firing repeatedly, keeping a careful eye out for landmarks along the way so as to be able to come back and pick up any bullets that didn't hit other motorists so as not to litter: Colorado resident on spotting a car with Texas plate.

Four wheel drive pickup truck, shotgun mounted in rear window, beer cans on floor, squirrel tails attached to antenna: West Virginia male.

Junker, driven by someone who previously had a nice car and who is now wearing a barrel: Las Vegas

Two hands gripping wheel, blue hair barely visible above window level, driving 35 on the interstate in the left lane with the left blinker on: Florida "seasoned citizen" driver, also known as "no-see-um"

Dust-covered luxury SUV, speed no slower than 80 mph, cell phone in one hand, cigarette in the other hand, cobwebs on the turn signal lever: Detroit suburban driver.

:D

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    LOL! That's pretty funny.

3. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Read the liscense plate...

4. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

LOL!

@Kovalis, the plate will only tell you where the car is from, not the driver.

5. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

A slight correction: West Virginia males ride four-wheelers and have a confederate flag somewhere on the vehicle

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

:lol: Where did you get that from? Someone certainly has some fantasy(and clever heads) out there :D

7. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

LOL
    That is so funny! And I live in rural Texas, and the guys really do drive like that!

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Some site called "Bad Humor", it has more stuff like this, go see for yourself. ;)

9. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

Keeps no distance, wants to overtake, cannot get familiar with "miles", very homesick on foreign highways: German.

10. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That's funny! What's not funny is that I see just about every one of those types on the road every day that I drive in to work. :cry:

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    This is why I take the train. :rolleyes:

I've been known to exhibit more than a few of those behaviors, AND toss a demanding child into the mix. I like myself much better when I can keep my driving to a minimum. ;)

12. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Pennsylvania Driver: In the far left lane, driving 5-10 mph slower than the posted speed limit. Or Alternatively, driving the exact same speed as the car next to them, making it impossible for anyone to pass them!

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Bel, we used to call that an "Oregon Roadblock." :lol:

At least people on this side of the country know how to merge onto highways, and don't (usually) come to a dead stop at the YIELD sign, or barge into traffic and proceed to do 40...

14. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I always called it an idiot cluster...

15. Loerand

@Pac Man:

I've just read the Hayseed Microsoft, darn funny :lol:

16. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Nobody who feels they fit the descriptions? Well, you have a West Virginia male here :wave: . Exceot from the squirrel tale though :p .

17. Pac man Gems: 25/31

@ Daephon

I thought the Star trek story was pretty hilarious, did you read that ?

18. Gaidin-_- Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Going 40 mph on a road where you want to go 70. -> Not from Kentucky.

19. Loerand

@Pac Man:
    Didn't read the Star-Trek thingy until now.
    LMAO :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.