1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

huge game slowdown in Chapter 5!

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Son_of_Kiden, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Son_of_Kiden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

What is it with that Massive slowdown u get when u go through that portal in the tree in Kuldahar?
    The same thing happens in Chapter 1 in the horde fortress.

Well anyway i downloaded an alleged fix for it. But i don't know what to do with it. Where do i unip the files to. Coz i'm pretty sure i dont touch the files themselves i just have to unzip them to a certain place in the icewind dale 2 folder. But where?

If ne body has downloaded the fix from sorcerers.net then please tell me how to work it. Because i don't want to play through chapter five with such a slow down.

Any other way of negating the problem would be apprecitated too.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] There's an amazingly obvious file inside the zip called readme.txt. So read it. It will tell you, among other things, that you need to copy the files to the override directory.

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The fix doesn't include Kuldahar Tree slowdown as such slowdown wasn't reported before. Sorry.

4. Quint Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I found the problem and fixed it. :)
    (@Extremist: it's the same old PartyHasItem issue - changed order - problem fixed. He means the Chult area, not Kuldahar.)

Haven't tested it extensively, but the slowdowns in the Chult jungle are gone on my PC.

Tal (the admin of this site) has the fix now, and you can download it whenever he decides to post it on Sorcerer's Place.

[ December 16, 2002, 03:51: Message edited by: Quint ]

5. MrGrouch Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

When and where in Chult does this slowdown occur? I just entered the Temple and haven't experienced anything yet, but I would like to know if I should be experiencing anything soon.

Thanks

MrGrouch

6. Quint Gems: 8/31

The slowdown I experienced is not inside the temple, but in the jungle outside.

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Quint, this slowdown was also reported yesterday at IPLY boards - also in Chult jungle.
    Tal, please add Quint's fix to existing fix and add huge thanks to him. Less job for me, hehe ;)

/me smooches Quint

To all: these slowdowns are not affecting all machines (I haven't got any of them for example), BIS couldn't repeat the slowdown experience on their test machines and that's why it's not included in the patch. But thanks to Quint and his testings, the problem was narrowed down to party inventory checking malfunction. This check (script command) was given less focus inside the fix. In any case, you don't need to download the slowdown fix if you're not exepriencing it.

[ December 16, 2002, 20:06: Message edited by: Extremist ]

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Quint, the site update won't be before the end of the week, so please mail it to him. I also don't know if I can combine this with the old pack just by merging them... Can you two put together a new version with a readme that reflects the changes?

9. Quint Gems: 8/31

Ok, I've sent you, Tal, a consolidated file with all fixes.

Until Tal can post in here, anyone who needs it can find it here: IWD2_Slowdown_Fix_v1_1.zip.

[ December 16, 2002, 23:58: Message edited by: Quint ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.