1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I am an Idiot (+ Mind Teaser)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Enagonios, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Like Cyric realizing he wasn't the most powerful after having his true life read to him, I realize that I am not as omniscient as I thought when Wildfire's "mind teaser" STUPEFIED me :( Math Sucks... All we need is the pluses(+) and minuses(-) and timeses(x) and division(/). Anyways, like Vartain in Elfsong, I have 2 riddles and a question to help me bring my pride back up as well as stump you people ;) (however if you read a lot of Fantasy you'll get it)
    <ahem>
    The Beginning of Eternity
    The End of Time and Space
    The Start of Every End
    And the End of Every Place
    <ok that's one, here's the next>
    I turn my Head once, and you may go where you want
    I turn it again and you stay till you rot
    I have no face but I live or die
    By my crooked teeth -- Who am I?
    <and now for the question>
    If a tree falls deep in the forest, and no one is there to hear it... does it still make a sound?

Ok you lugs, lets see you answer these... ;)

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The first one is 'E'

not to sure about the next one tho

3. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The second one is obviously my boss. :D

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a sound?

No! Trees do not make sounds! Whether anyone is there or not! Sound is created by the compression of particles in said substance (ie. air). This compression leads to the fluxtuation in pressure in the substance (ie. air). These fluxtuations resonate off your ear drum, sending nerve pulses through your brain (ie. air-head).

So, really, sound is defined by the individual hearing it. Sound cannot exist if no one can detect the changes in pressure through said substance. Although compression in the said substance still exists, sound cannot be defined.

The real question is:

If a man is in the middle of the woods, and there is no woman around, is he still wrong?

4. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Sapiryl, that's GREAT!! lmao!!

and the answer to the real question:

Of Course!! duh... ;)

5. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Too funny Sairyl, lol. Men are always wrong, it is not our place to question, only to do. Heh, which leads me to another dilemna: "For the majority of weddings, why does the bride wear a 'white' dress?"
    Answer me this one oh great wizard. ;)

6. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

The bride wears white because it's the happiest day of her life.
    Now, ask yourself why does the groom wear black? :)

7. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Beats the heck out of me, I don't believe in weddings, and I'm still debating the merits of marriage... :p

8. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Well I was thinking along more practical and aesthetic lines...

The bride wears white so that the dishwasher matches the fridge and stove. :p

Moeken heads for cover...

9. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

:D

Truthfully? Traditionally, women wore white at weddings to show that their innocence and love was pure and that they were offering all that up to their husbands.

Men wore black to signify the solemness of the ceremony, and to attest to the fact that they were taking away their wife's innocence and purity.

Heh, maybe I'd better wear green or blue... ;)

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't see an answer to the second riddle, so I'll put my guess forth:

You are a key.

11. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Hmm, "I have no face, but I live and die"
    does that apply to a key? The rest sounds right. Do you use a die to cut a key? I'm still a bit stumped on that one.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A key's usefulness is in its "crooked teeth"; I interpret that as it lives and dies by them. If its "teeth" are perfect then it lives and is used; if its "teeth" are wrong or broken it cannot be used and is thrown away (dies)...

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 25, 2001).]

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm going with BTA on that one.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Oh man, this is SAD, within the first 12 posts all of them have been answered :D
    Yes, number 1 is the letter "E", it's the same riddle used by the Green Dragon Grimnoshtadrano in Elfsong ;)
    As BTA guessed it, the 2nd IS a key. I got that one from "NeverWhere" by Neil Gaiman.
    As for the question, hell I didn't know the answer myself, that's why I posted it ;)
    But Sapiryl had a pretty food answer :D :D
    Gimme a couple of hours, I'll dig a couple more out ;) Gotta make them harder.. hehe

15. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

I was walking through a forest once, and a tree fell right in front of me, but I didn't hear it...

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] You're deaf? ;)
    Awright folks, I got another one here in my mystical grimoire of arcane sorcery stuff.
    I can see what you See not
    Vision Milky then eyes rot
    Then you see what cannot.... oops! wrong page, this is the rhyme I lent to blizzard for some obscure game called Diablo ;)
    Ah! Here it is...
    I am something. I am nothing.
    I am short. I am tall.
    When you fall at your sport then I stumble and fall
    I have never been seen yet beneath a new moon
    I thrive in the evening and vanish at noon
    I am lighter than air. I weigh less than a breath
    Darkness destroys me and light is my death.

Ok guys, this time EXPLAIN or DEFEND your answer ;) wouldn't want anyone to make a lucky guess would we ;)

17. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

It's a shadow, and it's blatantly obvious... :p

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited April 26, 2001).]

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] You didn't explain :p
    How are you sure it's a shadow?
    Ir could... well, it could be... and...
    air?
    Oh alright, it's a shadow! ;)
    You guys are too sharp, I gotta think of something else, it's funny, no one in school ever got ANY of my riddles :D Til I find a new one, try this one. It's kinda easy but hard bec. it can be a lot of things. you gotta explain this one bec. it wont be "blatantly obvious" ;)
    What is everything to someone, but nothing to someone else?

19. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Try this then.

The poor have it, the rich want it.
    Greater than God, more evil than the devil.
    If you eat it, you die.

What is it?

And please if you've heard it before, don't post the answer immediately to show off? :)

20. Grovflab Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Oh, I know this one, the answer is.....

Actually, I think its part of BG2, if I'm not way too wrong.

Here comes another one. You have six matches, now make four equal sized triangles.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.