1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I didn't get back my special abilities & bug notification

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Dragoon, Jul 21, 2001.

1. Dragoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hi there,

I don't know whether it's a gub or not but after finishing BG2:SoA and beginning ToB I didn't get my Draw Upon Holy Might ability back. I still have only the lame Slayer Change ability (it's lame because of the reputation decrease which prevents frequent use). Did anyone get back their DUHM ability? Other abilities (Slow Poison&Heal light Wounds) are also lost. We did regain our souls after all.

Besides I noticed something that is definitely a bug. After the defeat of Irenicus my whole party was transported back to that Elven temple and after that ToB started. Then only three members of my party were transported to that Elven grove whereas the remaining three (my main character among them) remained in the Elven temple. Thus it sounded pretty stupid when that mage assassin said that it was pretty hard to find me in this forest. After the fight however my whole party was correctly teleported to my pocket plane. Did anyone else experience this bug? Maybe someone knows the area code for that Elven grove so that I could transport my party there.

2. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Dont worry, the only special abilities I have is the Pocket Plane and Slayer Change too... I think its part of becoming a more "divine" being... your previous innate abilities seem to be more suited for mere mortals or superior mortals...

3. GavinWheeler Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Originally they planned to give you new, high powered special abilities after each 'challenge'.

This was taken out for gameplay reasons, but you can download a patch to put that feature back in, at http://members.home.net/mrkevvy/ToB/TOBtweaksandcheats.html

These abilities have funky names like 'Hand of Murder', but I have no idea what they do. I'm planning to play through once with my current (good) party and the game as it shipped, then a second time as evil with patches like this one - and maybe the restored Twisted Rune Quest and improved Demogorgon and Balthazar patches.

As for your original special powers, that's no great loss, surely? They would have cluttered up the 'special abilities' bar no end, and most of them were pretty useless compared to the high level abilities and the huge number of healing potions in ThroB.

4. Dragoon Gems: 3/31

Thanks for answer and especially for that patch link GavinWheeler, I will have to check out those abilities. I missed especially DUHM ability as it saved my butt more than once, however now with all the abilities you gain every level (I'm a berserker) like whirlwind attack and rest of them I do not miss old abilities any longer. Generally sometimes my team chops enemies so fast I'm suprised. Demogorgon died almost instantly and the hardest challenge yet was Draconis. I wonder what Mellisan will be like (I have a strange feeling that she will turn against me in the and). Like now she's of any help.

5. DemoGorgon Guest

I think i'll dl that file myself....

6. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

You're right about Melissan. Once I finished the game and knew who she was and started a new game I didn't want to help her destroy my half-brothers. What happens if you kill her in the begining?

7. Dragoon Gems: 3/31

Possible SPOILER.

You can't kill her anywhere before the final fight I think. She always disappeared after the dialog was finished. And if you did manage to attack her she would probably kill you with one blow that wouldn't even have to reach you (like when attacing Gorion in BG1).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.