1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I have an admission to make

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Felinoid, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

[​IMG] As much as I've tried to keep this from all of you (and perhaps even keep from admitting it to myself), I find I simply cannot do it anymore. My mother is dying. Ironically, slower than she would like, as she has said several times (as best as she is able with her current speech difficulties), "I just want it to be over." Her second surgery several weeks ago did go well in that they got out all of the brain tumor they could see, but it also claimed a terrible price: she is paralyzed on the right side of her body.

Because of this, they would not allow me to care for her myself, and forced her into a nursing home, where she has been since. But her HMO is about to cut the funding and she will be returning home in five days, with care split between me, a Hospice nurse who can only come for an hour a day, and someone who I will be paying to come live in our home 24/7. Adding to the difficulty are paranoid delusions that she is beginning to manifest as the tumor regrows, and I am not sure what I will be able to do if she turns on me or the other caregiver. I can only hope that what my uncle's partner has said about her mood swinging to make her forget her prior delusions is true.

In another bit of irony, most of the people close to us seem to be concerned about my financial situation after she passes, when I could not possibly give less of a ****. But before you all go riding to their defense and insist that I make sure that it is taken care of, let me say that we have just gotten back from a meeting with a lawyer today that settled that even to my uncle's satisfaction. Financially, I will be fine. Emotionally, I am not so sure, because I can't stop crying even as I type this.

But, this brings me to the other thing I wanted to say, hopefully before I am forced to stop typing. And that is that I am so appreciative of the support that you have all given me in this past year, even without knowing it. Having you all to talk to has helped me more than even I likely realize, and for that I give you all my deepest thanks and gratitude. I do not know how I would have managed without you.

This is not a goodbye however, as I hope to stay as active as I am able, but caring for my mother must come first as I'm sure you all realize. Come Sunday, I may not be here as much as I have been, but I will not disappear; you have come to mean too much to me to allow that. Again, thank you all so much for everything.

Felinoid

2. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Ohh, Fel, I'm so sorry! I wish there was something I could do to help, but I'm afraid there is nothing I can do other than offer my support and sympathy. I am so, so sorry. :cry:

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I know too well what it's like to lose a loved one, Big Cat. Of course losing a fiancee is not like losing a parent, but still.

The only thing I can possibly do is send my best wishes your way, and hope everything turns out for the best, well, as best as the situation allows, that is.

Blech, I completly suck at that type of thing.

Anyways, if I can help in any way, just let me know.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We are here for you. Can't type much as I have tears in my eyes. I have been there.

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    You're in my prayers, Felinoid.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

7. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I'm so sad on your behalf. It's an awfull illness, and it WILL be very hard for you. I send you all my best thoughts.

This is quite normal with brain tumors, but your feelings towards this must/will be hard to cope with. Rest assured, that behind paranoia your mothers memory af whom you are will prevail. The best thing you can do for your mother, is AFAIK what you are doing right now.

Don't stop, it's a good, natural way to give you emotionally relief, I guess.

Of course! We are here for you, when you need us!

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't know what to say, Fel :( .
    My heart goes out to you mate :( .

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Praying for your mum and you. Hoping for the best. I don't envy you. You have my support and I'm here if you need to talk.

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I'm so sorry Fel :(

Please know that whenever you need to talk, we are all here * Hugs *

11. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sorry to hear that Fel; I know what you are feeling; it happens the same with my mom...

Best wishes.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me hugs Fel long and hard

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's got to be one of the toughest things that anybody could ever go through. Glad that we are able to help, if only in the minutest way.

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I feel really sorry for you, Fel. And I feel slightly useless as well, cause all I can do is type some hollow words and express my sympathy. I think we all want to do more than that.

I'll remember you in my prayers and ask for wisdom and strength for both you and your mother.

Don't forget, though, that sometimes our hardest times turn out to be the most precious times of our lives.

15. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I'm really sorry, Felinoid.

16. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    What you do for your mother is exceptional, Fel.

My grandmother has also been diagnosed with a brain tumor recently, and although it is hardly comparable, I think I understand a fragment of your frustrations, fears and tears.

Don't be afraid to rest your head on a comforting shoulder. You're strong for your mum, but you're not made out of stone. :)

Respect for you. :)

17. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Damn, that's rough. I'm so sorry Fel, I don't really know what to say. You've always got friends here.

18. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I'm so sorry for you Fel. My best wishes go with you.

19. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

That's really tough Fel - I wish you the best and I hope that you'll still be able to grace us with your presence from time-to-time, firstly for the entirely selfish reason that I enjoy your posts and secondly because I'm sure it'll do you good to escape occasionally. My uncle died of a brain tumour a while ago, and my aunt and cousins both found the toughest part to be the effect that the tumour had upon his personality toward the end.

You've done plenty for this community, and we'll be here for you anytime when needed. Take care, Big Cat.

20. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I'm really sorry Fel, to hear this I was hoping the last rounds of treatment would do more for you. My very best wishes to you and yours always.

If there is anything I can to do help then shout.

/me hugs Fel

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.