1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I need help with cheating

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Uytuun, May 9, 2002.

1. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    As the title says, I can't create any items in the game. I used CLUAConsole:CreateItem("ring02",1) but it always says syntax error >last token read:"ring02" at line 1 in file (dostring) I have no idea what that means, enlighten me. :confused:

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Where's the spoiler?

3. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] The problem is that there is either no Image for Ring02 or a BAM file. Either that, or Ring02 doesn't exist.

Thought i know for a fact it does, Extremist is the one for this...though he wont be easily persuaded with helping you.
    Cheating? No sir, no indeed. :nono:

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Thanks anyway :D

5. Errol Gems: 23/31

Its ok, were here to help!
    Download SK if, you really
    need that ring, here from SP.

You can import items into
    your saved games with it.

hope that helps!

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] What's that number 1 for?

Do as Gopher suggested, there is an util created for cheating (he posted which one is it) so use that.
    When it's about cheating, console can't beat that util, trust me. Because console, although severely abused, is not ment for cheating.

7. Magus800 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You only put the number with the item on stacked items like potions or scrolls that you want more than one of. Don't put the ,1 on the ring and it will work.
    ring02 is the Ring of Fire resistance just so you know.

8. Buddas Hand Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

How about just not cheat! Cheating is for losers if your are just planning to beat the game by cheating. In my book there are only two cases for cheating:1. You have beaten the game and want to play it again before Neverwinter Nights comes out or 2. you want to create a special charcter and in that case you use ShadowKeeper or other such things.

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Buddas hand, I have finished the game, I only wanted to make thé killer party,for pure fun. the ring doesn't matter though, cause soon, we'll all be able to enjoy Icewind dale (without cheating)

10. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

BH, you left out 3) you've finished the game so many times you're bored senseless and want to juice it up a little, or 4) you paid your own money to buy your own game and can do whatever the hell you want with it without having to listen to the self-righteous soap-box oratory of those who take this game far, far too seriously.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If you think about it, it is not cheating, its debugging...

12. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    right you are, 8people :D ;)

13. Errol Gems: 23/31

But you're only Debugging the
    bugs that you created anyway!
    (that SK is not good for your
    poor system)

14. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    Well, Gopher, you have a point there. Lesson learned: cheating only causes problems. ;)

15. Errol Gems: 23/31

Agreed Uytuun, but the problems are
    usually fun while they allow your
    system to function. ;)
    See: Wild Magic

16. Uytuun Gems: 25/31

Media:
    LOL,Gopher

17. Errol Gems: 23/31

And im not only talking about your unfortunate characters 'systems'. I mean, would a Wild Magic Sex Change affect the way your newly-ladied wizard parks the Dimension Door? I think not :nono:

But seriously, ShadowKeeper + :idea: + Baldurs Gate 2 = :help::flaming::cry::wail:

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    As long as you don't abuse it

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.