1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I Need Spells 5th Level

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Eduardo Do'Urden, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Eduardo Do'Urden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I Need Spells 5th Level
    in Bg in gatekeepr the spells lv 5 is avaliable an in the game? what your location?????

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The level 5 cleric spells you just get when advancing levels.

The level 5 mage spells you get when you find/buy them, learn them and reach the appropriate level. There is no special place to find them, just look around.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

SPOILER!!!!!

There's a coudkill spell somewhere on the ground in Area 5300, in the small forest in the north of the map... Search the internet for the exact location.

4. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] You can't really buy any 5th level spells in the game. Even with TotSC your mages will only reach 8th level. Under these non-cheating conditions you are not high enough level to cast a 5th level spell. There are a small number of scolls you can find but the game designers didn't expect you to be copying them into your spellbook. If you want 5th level spells go play BG2 or IWD:HoW.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Indeed, but there are some scrolls, you can cast the spell from the scrolls. But you'd better use that ones only for very tough battles.

6. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

if you heave DarkSide installed you can reach high enough levels to use 5th level spells. and I DO NOT consider DarkSide "cheating"!

7. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    actually mages reach a maximum level of 9th, so they can have 5th level spells, cloudkill is the only1 in the game, i think cone of ice is 4th though i have never found it myself

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Cone of Ice is also lvl 5! But you can only learn spells up to level 4 in BG1. WHen you get higher spells to learn, you are a cheater... always!

9. Sol'Kanar Guest

With tales of the sword coast you can, in fact, reach a high enough level to use 5th level spells. Cone of cold is 5th level, but in my opinion is hidiously underpowered in BG1.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sol'Kanar is correct. Tales of the Sword Coast enable mages to cast level 5 spells, that's why there are some new ones that come with the expansion.

11. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    ~nods in agreement~ i have never cheated (i dont really know how) and dynaheir learnt cloudkill

12. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Sorry. Didn't know this. Have never played that far :)

13. Lemernis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

As a veteran of many an online multiplayer campaign using high level characters, eg, mage level 9, let me say that your ass is going to get killed all the time the higher level you are! We play in 'real time', i.e., never pause, and we frequently have to reload. The game's AI adjusts the difficulty to match your party's level. Go ahead and remove that damnable XP cap and enjoy the game to the fullest! Why in the world would you want to limit yourself from being able to use all those great level 5 spells? I repeat, the game will NOT become any easier for you.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.