1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Icewind Dale Trilogy

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by John Crichton, Jul 14, 2001.

1. John Crichton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I want to buy and Read this book!
    i heard its better then the game, plot wise.
    Is that true? Im only in chapter 3 in the game so i don't know much.Well i saw the amazon.com link on the bottom of this site, then i was like why not this way?? But i found a problem. I typed in Icewind Dale in screach, and 2 books came up!

1st one:
    The Icewind Dale Trilogy Collector's Edition (A Forgotten Realms(r) Omnibus)
    2nd:
    The Icewind Dale Trilogy : The Crystal Shard, Streams of Silver, the Halfling's Gem (Forgotten Realms)

three more questions. that i hope you answer.
    1.which one do i want?
    2.Are they 2 different books?
    3.If they are two different books
    does it really matter which one i read first?

Thanks, I can't wait till you guys answer, cuase im wanna buy the book soon. my family and I are going on a vactiion, and i wanted a book to read on the way and on the way back.

[This message has been edited by John Crichton (edited July 14, 2001).]

Edited part:
    is this just me
    or im I going crazy
    didn't i post this in IWD
    or wait could it be whatnots?
    Hello Mods. tell me if you moved this, so i don't think there is another thing wrong with me. thanks

[This message has been edited by John Crichton (edited July 14, 2001).]

2. Its a whole load better than the game plot-wise, but that doesn't take very much. It features RA Salvatore's Drizzt Do'Urden, and it was wriiten about ten years before the game. The game is not really based on it, but it does cross over some of the locations, and is based about 100 years before the events in the book. Its an excellent book for getting started in the FRs, it was the first one I read, and its prequel, The Dark Elf Trilogy, is arguably even better.

I think one of those two is hardcover, but other than that they're exactly the same, so it doesn't matter which one you get (although the paperback might be cheaper).

BUY IT!! It's great!

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Allow me to provide some insight on this matter. ;)
    If the topic was posted anywhere else, it was most likely moved here by one of the mods. This is the official SP forum for (A)D&D books too.

John Crichton, the The Icewind Dale Trilogy Collector's Edition is simply a one-volume edition of the three Icewind Dale books; you get The Crystal Shard, Streams of Silver and the Halfling's Gem, all in one book there.

The three books listed above are separate paperbacks, but also form the Icewind Dale trilogy. So basically it's a choice between buying three separate books or one big tome with all three in it.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

P.S. It occured to me later that you probably didn't make the search on our own FR page; see http://www.sorcerers.net/Books/index_fr.php

That's what I'm talking about.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 14, 2001).]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. John Crichton Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

no i never went to that page Tal.
    i hit the amazon.com ad.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.