1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

IEEP Errors

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Moo in techni-color, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Moo in techni-color Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hello, I was (again) not sure where to put this post, but it seems to fit here.

I am trying to get IEEP v109b40, and every time I try to start it up I get the message. - "Program Error: There has been an error reading the GAME DIR section of the IEEP initialization file. Therefore the rest of the Official Game Directory section will be skipped and the initialization file will continue to be read. (end)

Now I wasn't so worried at this part, but then I get another message after that one. - Program Error: There has been an error in the program. The specific information is: Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid at IEEP_ini_Read.02.01. (end)

One last message then comes up. - Run-time error '339': Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. (end)

Could anyone give me some assistance with this, my computer knowledge is fairly limited, so I am already rather stumped. I am running Windows XP Pro: Service Pack 2.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

2. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

I'm willing to bet it's a missing or outdated Visual Basic (VB) runtimes, though it's been a loooong time since I've used IEEP. You could try finding new VB package at Microsoft's website, or (highly recommended) start using a better editor like Near Infinity or DLTCEP. :)

3. Andyr Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'd like to point out I still use IEEP, though people keep telling me to learn DLTCEP. ;)

Though I also use NearInfinity a lot, and it's very good.

Regarding the error, it does sound like you need the VB utilities.

4. Yirimyah Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I wish i could find these programs... where did you get them? If they are somewhere on SP and I just didnt see them, feel free to yell at me.

5. Andyr Gems: 14/31

They are not SP programs - in fact, I don't think anything is, I think SP just mirrors them all, and seems pretty content with making people think they're the creators. ;)

They used to be available from TeamBG but I don't know if IEEP is available anywhere since TeamBG went down.

I could probably get IEEP put up somewhere for a bit if there was demand for it.

DLTCEP is here: http://www.dragonlancetc.com and navigate a bit

Near Infinity is here: http://www.idi.ntnu.no/~joh/ni/

WeiDU is here: http://www.weidu.org

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    You seem to have some issues with me that I'm not aware of, considering your snide remarks like these (this wasn't the first time I saw you do it, I just ignored it previously.)

1. No one says any TeamBG programs are SP programs. In fact, we don't even mirror any of TeamBG's more advanced programs. Pretty much the only thing mirrored on SP is the VB routines needed for some mods to run, and some cap removers. And they're all in their own TeamBG Tools subsection (even TeamBG mods are linked there), which is clue enough for anyone with half a brain cell that they're not SP products.

2. As I explained above, SP by no definition mirrors ALL of anything TeamBG-related. We mirror some files needed for mods to run, some cap removers and editors, and some smaller mods. All by permission from Ken (since 1999) or the mod/tool authors themselves.

3. As for how SP "seems pretty content with making people think they're the creators", damn - you got me. That was my intent all along. All I crave in this world is to make others believe that the few TeamBG tools mirrored on SP were made by me, and to reap ALL the wordly glory for myself!

Seriously Andyr, whoever you are, don't make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have in my eyes. If you have a beef with me for some reason, hit the PM button or e-mail me, but leave your petty insults for some of your mod-making friends willing to listen to your BS. Thank you.

7. Andyr Gems: 14/31

(I'd like to point out that I replied to the above but it was deleted, so I'll mention no more on that subject here).

To the original poster: I have found the runtime utilities if you still need them?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.